Forces asking certificate holders to keep fired cases

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

Re: Forces asking certificate holders to keep fired cases

#41 Post by DaveB »

I may be turning into an old cynic, but after recent events here in NZ, and the flat-out lies told by senior police officers to parliament to bolster support their draconian new gun laws, I now disbelieve anything the police have to say on the subject of firearms. If they say they want X for the purpose of Y, I automatically assume they are being disingenuous. The level of trust between police and the firearms owners here are at the lowest point I can ever imagine. Funny old thing - you treat people badly enough for no good reason, and they start to resent it.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

Re: Forces asking certificate holders to keep fired cases

#42 Post by Dark Skies »

TRG-22 wrote:As someone I once worked with was fond of saying, "When you're in trouble you don't phone a hippy"
Around here, unless it's something we need our insurance to cover, we don't call coppers either. We've become used to being told nothing can be done.
However, hippies might be more sympathetic. They might even help clear up the mess.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."