More Gun Thefts .

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
walesdave

Re: More Gun Thefts .

#21 Post by walesdave »

I found it interesting that in Poland, if you have a target shooting license you can carry your handgun loaded and holstered while on the way to the range (or transporting your firearm for any other legitimate reason).
I remember back in day, a lot of pistol shooters in my club would carry their guns to the range holstered, but I don't think any were loaded....
TRG-22
Home club or Range: Make me an offer.

#22 Post by TRG-22 »

walesdave wrote:I found it interesting that in Poland, if you have a target shooting license you can carry your handgun loaded and holstered while on the way to the range (or transporting your firearm for any other legitimate reason).
Concealed or open?

I remember back in day, a lot of pistol shooters in my club would carry their guns to the range holstered, but I don't think any were loaded....
Back in the day the mate of mine who had a Blackhawk carried it in a shoulder holster. I hope it wasn't loaded the time it fell out onto a bar counter... :run:
Tory voters. Next election. Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.
BamBam

#23 Post by BamBam »

Racalman wrote:Well if this really is a problem I see no reason why FAC holders shouldn't be permitted to carry a handgun to defend themselves while transporting their firearms.

A humane dispatch pistol would probably do it.
10 mags with 2 rounds each...
datalore
Home club or Range: CRC

#24 Post by datalore »

dromia wrote:During my days as a young man on the estate you weren't allowed to use a chain saw if you had steel toe-capped boots on on case you blunted the chain.
Nice
acormack
Home club or Range: Pentland Rifle Club

#25 Post by acormack »

I remember getting told a story about one of the guys (proper worthy when drunk to be honest, I knew him!) in Orkney that had drunk to many, went home to Mum and Dads and they had a raging bust up. Que son goes out to shed and gets chainsaw, goes back in house, starts up petrol chainsaw and starts trashing the kitchen and other parts of the house. Parents call police and leave the house and wait for the bobbies to arrive.

Police arrive and speak to parents and basically lean against the car. 'Are you not going in to stop him?' asked the parents to which the bobbies reply 'We'll wait for the chainsaw to run out of petrol first.' Wise move lol.
walesdave

#26 Post by walesdave »

TRG-22 wrote:
walesdave wrote:I found it interesting that in Poland, if you have a target shooting license you can carry your handgun loaded and holstered while on the way to the range (or transporting your firearm for any other legitimate reason).
Concealed or open?

I presume concealed.

I went to my friends hotel room, he'd travelled up from Warsaw to near the Kalengrad border, and found him stripping rounds of his CZ75 magazine - sort of took me by surprise :o
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#27 Post by Andy632 »

acormack wrote:I remember getting told a story about one of the guys (proper worthy when drunk to be honest, I knew him!) in Orkney that had drunk to many, went home to Mum and Dads and they had a raging bust up. Que son goes out to shed and gets chainsaw, goes back in house, starts up petrol chainsaw and starts trashing the kitchen and other parts of the house. Parents call police and leave the house and wait for the bobbies to arrive.

Police arrive and speak to parents and basically lean against the car. 'Are you not going in to stop him?' asked the parents to which the bobbies reply 'We'll wait for the chainsaw to run out of petrol first.' Wise move lol.

One of my mates is a cop in Orkney, I believe it.
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
BamBam

#28 Post by BamBam »

walesdave wrote:
TRG-22 wrote:
Concealed or open?

I presume concealed.

I went to my friends hotel room, he'd travelled up from Warsaw to near the Kalengrad border, and found him stripping rounds of his CZ75 magazine - sort of took me by surprise :o
You don't want to be wasting those expensive JHPs on paper.