The UK's Finest Independent Forum for Shooters and Gun Owners. Est 2010.

Supporting all legal firearm owners, collectors, enthusiasts, shooters and competitors by promoting and encouraging legitimate gun ownership and use in the UK through unity, advocacy and discussion. To REGISTER contact admin(at)full-bore.co.uk
It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:26 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.

Post subject: Re: More Gun Thefts .
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:44 pm 

I found it interesting that in Poland, if you have a target shooting license you can carry your handgun loaded and holstered while on the way to the range (or transporting your firearm for any other legitimate reason).
I remember back in day, a lot of pistol shooters in my club would carry their guns to the range holstered, but I don't think any were loaded....

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:52 pm 

Home club or Range: Make me an offer.
walesdave wrote:
I found it interesting that in Poland, if you have a target shooting license you can carry your handgun loaded and holstered while on the way to the range (or transporting your firearm for any other legitimate reason).

Concealed or open?

Quote:
I remember back in day, a lot of pistol shooters in my club would carry their guns to the range holstered, but I don't think any were loaded....

Back in the day the mate of mine who had a Blackhawk carried it in a shoulder holster. I hope it wasn't loaded the time it fell out onto a bar counter... :run:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:06 am 

Racalman wrote:
Well if this really is a problem I see no reason why FAC holders shouldn't be permitted to carry a handgun to defend themselves while transporting their firearms.

A humane dispatch pistol would probably do it.

10 mags with 2 rounds each...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:31 pm 

Home club or Range: CRC
dromia wrote:
During my days as a young man on the estate you weren't allowed to use a chain saw if you had steel toe-capped boots on on case you blunted the chain.

Nice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:24 am 

Home club or Range: Pentland Rifle Club
I remember getting told a story about one of the guys (proper worthy when drunk to be honest, I knew him!) in Orkney that had drunk to many, went home to Mum and Dads and they had a raging bust up. Que son goes out to shed and gets chainsaw, goes back in house, starts up petrol chainsaw and starts trashing the kitchen and other parts of the house. Parents call police and leave the house and wait for the bobbies to arrive.

Police arrive and speak to parents and basically lean against the car. 'Are you not going in to stop him?' asked the parents to which the bobbies reply 'We'll wait for the chainsaw to run out of petrol first.' Wise move lol.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:28 pm 

TRG-22 wrote:
walesdave wrote:

Concealed or open?

I presume concealed.

I went to my friends hotel room, he'd travelled up from Warsaw to near the Kalengrad border, and found him stripping rounds of his CZ75 magazine - sort of took me by surprise :o

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:12 am 

Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)
acormack wrote:
I remember getting told a story about one of the guys (proper worthy when drunk to be honest, I knew him!) in Orkney that had drunk to many, went home to Mum and Dads and they had a raging bust up. Que son goes out to shed and gets chainsaw, goes back in house, starts up petrol chainsaw and starts trashing the kitchen and other parts of the house. Parents call police and leave the house and wait for the bobbies to arrive.

Police arrive and speak to parents and basically lean against the car. 'Are you not going in to stop him?' asked the parents to which the bobbies reply 'We'll wait for the chainsaw to run out of petrol first.' Wise move lol.

One of my mates is a cop in Orkney, I believe it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:29 pm 

walesdave wrote:
TRG-22 wrote:
walesdave wrote:

Concealed or open?

I presume concealed.

I went to my friends hotel room, he'd travelled up from Warsaw to near the Kalengrad border, and found him stripping rounds of his CZ75 magazine - sort of took me by surprise :o

You don't want to be wasting those expensive JHPs on paper.