Virginia

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

Virginia

#1 Post by mag41uk »

I havent seen anything about this on the BBC news!
Copied from Firearms United Network.

#LobbyDay - Its happening!

There is a storm brewing in Virginia - The situation has escalated in the United States and Governor Northam - also known as "Red Ralph" has managed to p*** off every law abiding gun owning citizen in US and as a result has isolated himself behind barbwire in Richmond.[1] Tomorrow, tens of thousands of citizends - some armed and some not - are organizing an event called #LobbyDay to protect their civil rights which have been enshrined to the constitution of the United States. #LobbyDay is here.

What is it about?
Democrats in Virginia have passed a bill, which makes possession of any semi-automatic firearm which can accept over 10 round magazine illegal. This applies to pistols, rifles and shotguns. The banned firearms must be surrendered to authorities by 1st of July 2020.

The bill is very much violating the US constitution, and as a result majority of the cities and towns in Virginia have declared themselves as "Gun Sanctuaries" - places where such legislation is not enforced at all.

The arrogant response from Governor Northam was to increase Department of corrections budget by quarter of a million and increasing capacity by creating new section for "gun- and sex offenders". [2]

As a response to all of this, the gun owners all over US have organized themselves on grassroots level and the outcome is a huge non-violent demonstration in Virginia tomorrow - the Lobby Day. Because the US has been in war for the past 2 decades, and some of the firearms owners are veterans, who understand the meaning of logistics and can act in non-permissive environment - the situation is getting interesting. Gun owners online have arranged bus transportation, gear lists, IFAKs, coordination and communication plans. Also, it is definitely worth noting that because this is US, at least part of the people are arriving to Virginia armed to the teeth.

Governor Northam has surrounded the Capitol with fencing, declared emergency and banned everything from street parking to throwing stars and nunchakus in Richmond.

The situation has escalated to a dangerous level, and there is a real risk that things will escalate further.

Firearms United wishes luck to everyone participating to peaceful demonstration in Richmond.

Keep calm, be firm but polite, do not get provoked and stay safe!

Note: First p*** off all the firearms owners in the US, then doubling down on gun control and finally fencing yourself into Capitol grounds while knowing that many rather irritated people are coming to demonstrate sounds like something straight out of General Custer's book of Tactical Brilliance.
Christel
Site Admin

Re: Virginia

#2 Post by Christel »

Yeah the storm has been brewing for awhile.

Not sure if Virginia can get away with it?
waterford103
Site Supporter Since 2018
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

#3 Post by waterford103 »

christel wrote:Yeah the storm has been brewing for awhile.

Not sure if Virginia can get away with it?
I have just watched a collection of Sheriffs at a very large meeting stand up and say they will not do what the governor and his lackeys say but will FIGHT to protect the 2nd amendment , there are now many "sanctuary " counties that will not obey . Massive confrontation looming . Lots of rumours too about fraudulent voting financed by Bloomberg doing the rounds . There's trouble at mill !
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
mag41uk

#4 Post by mag41uk »

I was in Kentucky a few months back and ended up in a shop called TBox Tactical.
The lady who owns it is an ex marine and via her shop supports police,vets and serving military - its close to Fort Knox.
In fact the shop had half a dozen cops in there taking coffee and we got chatting.
At that time there was politco called Beto who was trying to ban AR`s.
Bearing in mind a lot of Leo`s and serving folk are shooters and can concealed carry I wondered where their loyalty would lie in the event of orders to confiscate firearms.
I got the impression that they wouldn't act as they are firm believers of the 2nd amendment.
I have been going to the US shooting a few times over the past 20 years and occasionally get quizzed about how we let our government take our handguns.
I have always replied that they need to be prepared for the same and they have just laughed saying it wouldn't ever happen.
Interesting times ahead.
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#5 Post by DaveB »

Yep, just look at the situation here in NZ as a cautionary tale.

I wish we could have got the response here in NZ that they have in Virginia, but sadly there are far too many sheeple here and it is hard to get any civil disobedience or rally going. I am actually heartened by the claim that there are tens of thousands of firearms that have not been surrendered. If it is true, it is the first sign of a backbone amongst shooters. There are almost 250,000 licensed firearms owners out of a voting population of around 2 million - so enough to be a potent political force in our own right, but we cannot break the "I have always voted Labour and always will" mentality.

Then of course there is the "us" versus "them" divide. The Chairman of Hunting and Fishing NZ (the game-bird hunting organisation) was among the first to publicly support the banning of semi-automatics as he couldn't understand why anybody would need one, followed closely by the CEO of Hunting and Fishing NZ, a retail outlet that sold many of the semi-automatics that were now banned. Go figure! With friends like these, you don't need enemies. ****

It is too late for the UK, and Australia, and it may be too late for NZ and apparently Canada too, but the Yanks, God bless 'em, seem to be holding firm and I wish them all the best in their fight against tyranny. I swear if I had the money, I would look very seriously at moving there.
mag41uk

#6 Post by mag41uk »