Club Bank Accounts

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Club Bank Accounts

#21 Post by Ovenpaa »

Personally I would avoid cheques having had the last two customer cheques rejected by my bank due to spelling errors. So that is 500 quid that should be in my account right now and isn't. In fact, thinking about it, starting today I do not want to see any more cheques as they are not worth the hassle.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

#22 Post by Strangely Brown »

Dellboy wrote:im looking for an rfd friendly one was thinking TSB ???
I'm reminded of the time TSB joined Lloyds whom my wife worked for during her 38 year tenure with the bank.
The Lloyds Bank staff magazine was often bought home for me if there was news of the Lloyds Bank Rifle Club at Bisley which occupies the site of the old railway station.
The last time I saw the magazine one of the new TSB staff members had written a letter saying how disgusted they were that the bank allowed such activities as shooting!
Mick
andy1979
Home club or Range: Wednesbury Marksmen

#23 Post by andy1979 »

Try Starling Bank Business i use them for my personal account.
I can use Natwest counters and post office counters to pay in cash, cheques etc.
I've never had an issue with them I ditched Natwest after being with them for many years due to the charges.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#24 Post by Alpha1 »

It looks like I am sorted.
I eventually after a couple of let downs by other Banks went with HSBC.
Only problem I had our Treasurer is a total loss with any thing to do with computers and the internet.
As the whole application process is done online he couldnt do it. So I had to open the account. The only question he asked when I briefed him was does it come with a cheque book. My reply we dont need a cheque book the whole point of a new account is so we can Bank electronically. I despair.
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#25 Post by Andy632 »

Alpha1 wrote:It looks like I am sorted.
I eventually after a couple of let downs by other Banks went with HSBC.
Only problem I had our Treasurer is a total loss with any thing to do with computers and the internet.
As the whole application process is done online he couldnt do it. So I had to open the account. The only question he asked when I briefed him was does it come with a cheque book. My reply we dont need a cheque book the whole point of a new account is so we can Bank electronically. I despair.
If he's anything like our treasurer he'll happily stand down and let you take over!! ;)
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#26 Post by Alpha1 »

I am all ready the Club Secretary I can not carry out both duties. I dont want to be treasurer any way .