CSR

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

CSR

#1 Post by Dellboy »

Decided to jump in and have a go (Cheers Dan )

so whats the fashion thats cheap warm dry and not too expensive ?
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

Re: CSR

#2 Post by Strangely Brown »

You're allowed one item of DPM clothing and I believe the current CSR/PR booklet specifically mentions the use of the current issue sniper smock. Head to toe cam is very much discouraged these days.

For my money I would buy some hi tec waterproof trousers rather than the Gortex over trousers I used to wear, I found a restriction of movement with over trousers especially during the rundowns.
Mick
Racalman
Home club or Range: LPSC and NRA

#3 Post by Racalman »

Cheap, warm and dry don't usually go together.

If you're going to spend all day outside in the cold and wet you need some decent quality clothing.

Mostly I wear 5.11 Tactical Pants. They are very well made and allow for easy movement between standing, sitting and kneeling.

When the weather's really bad I have some fleece lined Buffalo trousers - warm and toasty!
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#4 Post by channel12 »

Winter League CSR can be cold, wet and muddy.
1- waterproof walking boots, you are going spend a lot of time on your feet. wear two pair of socks thin inner pair and good thick walking socks on top.

2- waterproof over-trousers are a must just make sure they have a zipped fly it just makes life easier. What trousers you wear under them is your choice

3- thermal vest, micro fleece, showerproof softshell jacket or walking jacket

4- waterproof jacket with hood for when it's really honking down, milsurp MVP/gortex is ideal although a couple of shooter wear barbour type wax jackets

5- gloves and headgear.

Mountain Warehouse for most budget end stuff, milsurp for waterproofs or TKMax for outdoor/walking jackets. Basically anything you would wear to go hill walking in the winter will do.
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#5 Post by Maggot »

You can get away with a full set of cammo waterproofs. I always did. The rules are supposed to be about the uniforms act but sadly the TR gliteriety have b****** this to involve anything Green, brown, or non rainbow coloured. I see a lot of comments regarding warm this, and dry that. Fact is, if you do it properly and actually exert yourself, you will get bloody warm. You will as likely also get wet. Goretex has one major failing, being that it won't let water our as quickly as it got in. Result, if the water gets in, it stays in. This is why many servers went back to cambrelle or sealskin socks. Let it out, dry the feet out on lay up. Clothing is the same. IF you want to stay toastie standing about, a rundown or change in distance will soon have you cooking nicely. Go for wicking, microfleece and wind proof (gabedine is the dogs as it stays windproof when wet), waterproofs if you absolutely have too. You will be changing position on wet grass rapidly. Also, yea, cheap ain't always best, but the reason many use mill surp is because it is cheap enough to trash and change regularly. The gravel on ash and short Siberia easily destroys knees of trousers. But to be honest, comfort when moving is most important. CSR is for riflemen, not for posing in the latest high end mountain gear or bondage kit.
toffe wrapper

#6 Post by toffe wrapper »

Just turn up have a blast learn as you go. Dress how you like we don't care.
For the imperial urban match a DPM kilt or 2 were spotted.
Crusty target crowd probably got a chubby, on before they worked out they were worn by real men.

lol lol lol lol lol
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#7 Post by Maggot »

toffe wrapper wrote:Just turn up have a blast learn as you go. Dress how you like we don't care.
For the imperial urban match a DPM kilt or 2 were spotted.
Crusty target crowd probably got a chubby, on before they worked out they were worn by real men.

lol lol lol lol lol
More than likely any TR crowd related chubby on was not down to Andy's kilt...or my ASBO shorts :o z