The Times article on Practicle Shooting

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
ordnance

Re: The Times article on Practicle Shooting

#41 Post by ordnance »

He needs to wind his neck in and stay out of things but his ego says otherwise, his comments about access to Hand Guns in NI are tone death to the highest degree. The Antis must love him!
There are few ranges here would let him or anyone else film their range, i am surprised NITSA did.
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#42 Post by TattooedGun »

ordnance wrote:
He needs to wind his neck in and stay out of things but his ego says otherwise, his comments about access to Hand Guns in NI are tone death to the highest degree. The Antis must love him!
There are few ranges here would let him or anyone else film their range, i am surprised NITSA did.
Did they...? 8-)
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#43 Post by Pippin89 »

Well this went off topic slightly! lol

All joking aside. Yes maybe he is annoying and may be even dangerous to the sport. But there are very few people promoting and giving information on the sport in that capacity. So if people really want to shut him up then they need to give people an alternative to watching him. There are plenty of people in this thread along that have criticised what he does very heavily. Perhaps one of them could start a channel giving better information and more balanced / less dangerous view points? Until people have an alternative they won't stop watching his videos.....
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#44 Post by Gh0st »

Pippin89 wrote:Well this went off topic slightly! lol

All joking aside. Yes maybe he is annoying and may be even dangerous to the sport. But there are very few people promoting and giving information on the sport in that capacity. So if people really want to shut him up then they need to give people an alternative to watching him. There are plenty of people in this thread along that have criticised what he does very heavily. Perhaps one of them could start a channel giving better information and more balanced / less dangerous view points? Until people have an alternative they won't stop watching his videos.....
any????
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Christel
Site Admin

#45 Post by Christel »

Pippin89 wrote:Well this went off topic slightly! lol
We are really good at that clapclap
TattooedGun
Past Supporter

#46 Post by TattooedGun »

Pippin89 wrote: Yes maybe he is annoying and may be even dangerous to the sport. But there are very few people promoting and giving information on the sport in that capacity. So if people really want to shut him up then they need to give people an alternative to watching him. There are plenty of people in this thread along that have criticised what he does very heavily. Perhaps one of them could start a channel giving better information and more balanced / less dangerous view points? Until people have an alternative they won't stop watching his videos.....
I'd say the biggest obstacle any of the "right" people would have in doing this is time.

The better people for this, the ones who know the laws, the sport, the disciplines and could teach or put it into words well enough to come across on the internet are all out there doing more for the sport on a personal level than gives them time to create content for youtube.

They're Coaching, ROing, Running Clubs, Events, they're putting more back into the sport than any youtube channel, because they're not just going "You can do this" they're teaching it and providing the places to do it. They don't have time to Film themselves, edit it and upload it to youtube or any other social media.

Unfortunately those with the time to do it, and the enthusiasm, often end up being people brand new to the sport and not experienced enough to do the subject well enough, I admire them for having a go, but sometimes no information would be better than wrong information.
TattooedGun
Past Supporter

#47 Post by TattooedGun »

TattooedGun wrote:
Pippin89 wrote: Yes maybe he is annoying and may be even dangerous to the sport. But there are very few people promoting and giving information on the sport in that capacity. So if people really want to shut him up then they need to give people an alternative to watching him. There are plenty of people in this thread along that have criticised what he does very heavily. Perhaps one of them could start a channel giving better information and more balanced / less dangerous view points? Until people have an alternative they won't stop watching his videos.....
I'd say the biggest obstacle any of the "right" people would have in doing this is time.

The better people for this, the ones who know the laws, the sport, the disciplines and could teach or put it into words well enough to come across on the internet are all out there doing more for the sport on a personal level than gives them time to create content for youtube.

They're Coaching, ROing, Running Clubs, Events, they're putting more back into the sport than any youtube channel, because they're not just going "You can do this" they're teaching it and providing the places to do it. They don't have time to Film themselves, edit it and upload it to youtube or any other social media.

Unfortunately those with the time to do it, and the enthusiasm, often end up being people brand new to the sport and not experienced enough to do the subject well enough, I admire them for having a go, but sometimes no information would be better than wrong information.
There are, of course, very few exceptions to this. Some people who do all of the above and find time to make posts online, but they are definitely in the minority than the majority.
ordnance

#48 Post by ordnance »

Did they...? 8-)
I think they would notice someone walking around filming, anyone walking around filming without permission would be challenged.
TattooedGun
Past Supporter

#49 Post by TattooedGun »

ordnance wrote:
Did they...? 8-)
I think they would notice someone walking around filming, anyone walking around filming without permission would be challenged.
Well that would be my understanding also, I'm not saying either way because I don't know and why I asked the question.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#50 Post by Mattnall »

TattooedGun wrote:
There are, of course, very few exceptions to this. Some people who do all of the above and find time to make posts online, but they are definitely in the minority than the majority.
Did you just quote your own post? :o

The problem I see with anyone doing the youtube thing is that the media will only take small parts and quote segments out of context and distort what is being said or done to further their own agenda.

As you say above, the best way to promote shooting is to educate by doing; run ranges, offer courses, open up clubs for guest days, promote understanding with experience days, let the uneducated (within the context of shooting sports that is) see that it is not a place for the budding macho Rambo but a sport that can be safely enjoyed by nearly everyone and that breaks down the barriers of gender, age and physical ability.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.