Muzzle Breaks

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Muzzle Breaks

#21 Post by snayperskaya »

Blackstuff wrote:I have a letter from the HO that states individual parts for a S5 (ab) firearm (AKA semi-auto rifle) are in fact considered to be S1 parts and a S5 firearm only exists with all parts assembled/in one location.

I think the problem, as stated earlier, is these sorts of things rarely get to a court and there's no 'standard practice' for them.

Other than the devices fitted to an XM177 and AKS-74U (both of which are dual purpose devices and not even JUST flash-hiders), I've never seen a flash-hider that actually diminishes flash, from the targets perspective anyway. Most make what would appear as a white/yellow dot 2-4" wide into a 6-20" wide star of varying number of 'spokes' depending on the model wtf
The Dragunov SVD and Zastava M-76 both have effective flash hiders, even when viewed from the receiving end.The Dragunov flash hider was also designed to significantly reduce the muzzle flash at the users end when using night vision optics, there were also special removable flash hiders designed specifically for both the AKM and PKM machine gun for use with NV scopes.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Chuck

#22 Post by Chuck »

safety feature ban.jpg
Seesm the madness is everywhere
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#23 Post by dromia »

So does it only apply to Rugers?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Sim G
Past Supporter

#24 Post by Sim G »

dromia wrote:So does it only apply to Rugers?
lol lol lol
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!