Gardeners guns

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

Re: Gardeners guns

#21 Post by Lever357 »

If you had 20 people interested it should only have been £40 a head anyway so why would you need club to sponsor it.
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#22 Post by Alpha1 »

Lever357 wrote:If you had 20 people interested it should only have been £40 ahead anyway so why would you need the club to sponsor it.
Experience tells me and I have fallen foul of this before that initially people are full of enthusiasm. But when it comes to actually turning up and paying the money people suddenly have all sorts of good excuses why they can not attend and it suddenly gets very expensive for the group of people who are left to pick up the tab. I'm happy to organize it within the Club environment but I'm not going to do it off my own bat.
I am grateful to the guy who offered to help get it off the ground and disappointed the Club didn't want to do it. But such is life.

I don't have a problem I have been offered several dates when I can go up with a group of guys and shoot it is just a shame for the guys who wanted to do it. I had a range day on Saturday and several club members approached me and asked if it was going to go ahead I had to tell them no.
Alpha1

#23 Post by Alpha1 »

Obviously, if I book the thing in my name and then it goes tits up and people drop out the guy will expect me to stump up the £800 for the day regardless of whats going on at my end. I have been there before trust me.
Alpha1

#24 Post by Alpha1 »

Mentioned this to my primary club of which I am the Club secretary. Discussed it with the members and the Treasurer. They think its a great idea and agreed to pay for the whole gig.
So we are going as a Club. Just need to sort out a date that suits everyone. Probably early next year now but thats OK.
shakeshout