Gun clubs posting videos

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
ordnance

Re: Gun clubs posting videos

#31 Post by ordnance »

It's still down to public perception, as much as people wish to belittle the idea that we shouldn't be posting videos such as mag dumps.
I wonder how many members of the public with no interest in shooting actually see this type of video, i don't know anyone not interested in shooting that looks up UK shooting videos on Youtube etc. I am waiting for Mike Yardley to pop up soon he would have similar views to some.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#32 Post by safetyfirst »

But it’s not about joe public seeing the video, it’s about feeding the media nonsense when they decide to go nuts and claim target shooters are only ever a clown suit away from a mass shooting.
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#33 Post by TattooedGun »

MistAgain wrote:There is a range around the london area , that when you look at their facbook pics, will scare the socks of you .

But then I was told they are no more .
That was "full metal jacket" and the guy is due to be in court recently/soon. The range has been closed - he was operating under Section 11, however I believe he was also in breach of Section 21.

Edit:
https://www.hemeltoday.co.uk/news/crime ... -1-8964667

He's been charged, the hearing is tomorrow.
ordnance wrote:
It's still down to public perception, as much as people wish to belittle the idea that we shouldn't be posting videos such as mag dumps.
I wonder how many members of the public with no interest in shooting actually see this type of video, i don't know anyone not interested in shooting that looks up UK shooting videos on Youtube etc. I am waiting for Mike Yardley to pop up soon he would have similar views to some.
You're missing the point, as suggested by safetyfirst.

It's not about the public happening upon a video posted and forming an opinion, it's about the media scouring the shooting groups/pages/clubs to find any angle they can for the anti-gun agenda and pushing the worst of the videos available to further their propaganda. As I said, no video, no narrative, no story.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#34 Post by snayperskaya »

TattooedGun wrote:
I know at a practical comp this weekend we were asked not to post any videos of the stages online for this very reason, it's not that the clubs or the associations wish to hide it from the public, they just realise how volatile the situation is for shooters, and posting video of people shooting fast and moving can be used against us by those who wish to see the sport eradicated altogether.
With the way a large proportion of the media is it is all too possible that videos of a regular practical competition could become sensationalised into a "video footage of paramilitary training in the UK"......which we all know is ridiculous but would have the sheeple quaking in their boots and add fuel to the anti's fire.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
38Super
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: FDPC

#35 Post by 38Super »

snayperskaya wrote:
TattooedGun wrote:
I know at a practical comp this weekend we were asked not to post any videos of the stages online for this very reason, it's not that the clubs or the associations wish to hide it from the public, they just realise how volatile the situation is for shooters, and posting video of people shooting fast and moving can be used against us by those who wish to see the sport eradicated altogether.
With the way a large proportion of the media is it is all too possible that videos of a regular practical competition could become sensationalised into a "video footage of paramilitary training in the UK"......which we all know is ridiculous but would have the sheeple quaking in their boots and add fuel to the anti's fire.
I agree but we could help ourselves here by trying to make things look more like a professional sport. More visible (and colourful) team/club/sponsored kit, range crew in distinctive kit, large advertising banners on the stages etc. and i'd like to see more colourful firearms. I believe if you put two AR-15's next to each other, one pink and one black and asked the general public to point to the dangerous one.....
The more we can move away from a military 'look' the better. It's an amateur sport but we could try to make it look more like a professional one.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#36 Post by Pete »

38Super + 1.................we need really good PR, which is not wannabe 'ard nuts ponceing around.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
RDC

#37 Post by RDC »

38Super wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:
TattooedGun wrote:
I agree but we could help ourselves here by trying to make things look more like a professional sport. More visible (and colourful) team/club/sponsored kit, range crew in distinctive kit, large advertising banners on the stages etc. and i'd like to see more colourful firearms. I believe if you put two AR-15's next to each other, one pink and one black and asked the general public to point to the dangerous one.....
The more we can move away from a military 'look' the better. It's an amateur sport but we could try to make it look more like a professional one.

I dunno about you, but I see a lot of colourful team kit, organised RO kit and even more colourful firearms being used at practical comps. It's even a part of IPSC rules to not look "military".

I'd have all my practical firearms cerakoted in bright orange or yellow (with a worn/distressed finish) given half the chance, I just can't afford it yet!
ordnance

#38 Post by ordnance »

Pete wrote:38Super + 1.................we need really good PR, which is not wannabe 'ard nuts ponceing around.

Pete

What do you define as wannabe nuts. ? If people are doing nothing illegal they i have no issues with it. Good PR bad PR will make no difference, there will always be people / organisations that are anti gun, and most members of the public wouldn't care if all firearms were banned tomorrow even with all the good PR in the world.
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#39 Post by breacher »

Appeasement rarely works in any context.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#40 Post by Pete »

Just because something is legal, it doesn't automatically make it acceptable...............
And I mean the clowns who make videos showing how fast they can shoot a firearm without a thought about how it might make the sport look to non-shooters, (and then start whining when they're banned)
Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....