Merseyside Police carry out inspection at Anfield gun club

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
chrismetallica1

Re: Merseyside Police carry out inspection at Anfield gun cl

#131 Post by chrismetallica1 »

I saw that was posted on another forum on Friday but didn't say what club. There are only 3 ranges that I can think of under Merseyside police. The other club is 101 at altcar but didn't think they shoot on Fridays

1. Atlantic Leisure (APC Aintree Pistol Club)
2. Fulwood (FRPC)
3. Grange (GRPC)

I think it might just be someone making things up as Aintree has had its HOA revoked at the moment. I am a member at Fulwood and we don't open Fridays and we were visited 1 week before Aintree. Two FEO's and one uniformed officer. They were very polite and quite happy with all the measures we had in place. I spoke to a couple lads from GRPC over the weekend and they said they hadn't herd anything either
MistAgain

#132 Post by MistAgain »

chrismetallica1 wrote:I saw that was posted on another forum on Friday but didn't say what club. There are only 3 ranges that I can think of under Merseyside police. The other club is 101 at altcar but didn't think they shoot on Fridays

1. Atlantic Leisure (APC Aintree Pistol Club)
2. Fulwood (FRPC)
3. Grange (GRPC)

I think it might just be someone making things up as Aintree has had its HOA revoked at the moment. I am a member at Fulwood and we don't open Fridays and we were visited 1 week before Aintree. Two FEO's and one uniformed officer. They were very polite and quite happy with all the measures we had in place. I spoke to a couple lads from GRPC over the weekend and they said they hadn't herd anything either
Now why should anyone make up a story that can so easily be disproven ?

Fullwood might have been visited back in June,that does not mean you will not at some point have to endure a mass visit .

I would be interested in seeing the other forum that mentions the friday "raid". Perhaps you can tell me the forum name ?
chrismetallica1

#133 Post by chrismetallica1 »

I think it was Pew Pew or Firearms UK on Facebook both have ongoing threads about APC. As I said we have had 3 visits this year. All of them were very polite and we get on well with Merseyside police. I checked with our Club secretary and it wasn't us. He said someone had also texted him a similar thing and had checked with GRPC and it doesn't appear to be them either. Seems a bit strange
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#134 Post by Andy632 »

We have had our firearms enquiries team out for a Guest day, which seemed to impress them. Most had never handled a firearm or tried shooting before. The local wildfowlers also had them out for clay shoot at their range. At the moment we seem to have a good relationship with them and they seem satisfied by how we operate our range/club.( Actually they asked to use some of our procedures and paperwork to show other clubs how they like to see things done.) We feel we have benefited by inviting them along on a guest day.

Maybe an idea for other clubs to take up??
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
Christel
Site Admin

#135 Post by Christel »

Andy632 wrote:We have had our firearms enquiries team out for a Guest day, which seemed to impress them. Most had never handled a firearm or tried shooting before. The local wildfowlers also had them out for clay shoot at their range. At the moment we seem to have a good relationship with them and they seem satisfied by how we operate our range/club.( Actually they asked to use some of our procedures and paperwork to show other clubs how they like to see things done.) We feel we have benefited by inviting them along on a guest day.

Maybe an idea for other clubs to take up??
We did that, it is a very good idea. The more the firearms team know about the people they are dealing with the better.
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

#136 Post by HH1 »

MistAgain wrote:Another merseyside gun club was "raided" by the police last friday .

The exact number of police , feo's , armed responce , fire brigade , and strange men in suits involved could not be establshed, but was believed to be in the region of 20+
The club in question was Grange..... and yes, apparently 20+ Police / Firearms Registry Staff turned up last Friday evening.

Not heard if they found anything amiss..... but given the situation with Aintree, I'm sure that other Club Secretaries are checking that their insurance policies and other paperwork etc. is up to date.
chrismetallica1

#137 Post by chrismetallica1 »

HH1 wrote:
The club in question was Grange..... and yes, apparently 20+ Police / Firearms Registry Staff turned up last Friday evening.

Not heard if they found anything amiss..... but given the situation with Aintree, I'm sure that other Club Secretaries are checking that their insurance policies and other paperwork etc. is up to date.

I guess on that basis they must be visiting all the Merseyside clubs. Just seen this in the local news, I hope they put the same gusto into finding the criminals that did this as they do with the visits to clubs https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... E6sW7zRK-Y
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

#138 Post by HH1 »

chrismetallica1 wrote:
HH1 wrote:

I guess on that basis they must be visiting all the Merseyside clubs. Just seen this in the local news, I hope they put the same gusto into finding the criminals that did this as they do with the visits to clubs https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... E6sW7zRK-Y
I'm part of a club that uses Fulwood and we fully expect a visit.

As regards the incident reported on in the Echo... this is one of the reasons I personally think it is stupid to have BASC stickers in the widows of cars.... the criminals know that BASC members are likely to be gun owners. Same problem with posting about guns on open social media platforms.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#139 Post by GeeRam »

HH1 wrote: this is one of the reasons I personally think it is stupid to have BASC stickers in the widows of cars.... the criminals know that BASC members are likely to be gun owners. Same problem with posting about guns on open social media platforms.
Couldn't agree more, on both points.
Site Supporter Since 2015

#140 Post by 1066 »

GeeRam wrote:
HH1 wrote: this is one of the reasons I personally think it is stupid to have BASC stickers in the widows of cars.... the criminals know that BASC members are likely to be gun owners. Same problem with posting about guns on open social media platforms.
Couldn't agree more, on both points.
On that note - It can only be a matter of time before we hear that some NHS/police computer has been hacked and a complete list of all FAC/SGC holders is being circulated and sold to the highest bidder. it only needs to happen once.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com