Merseyside Police carry out inspection at Anfield gun club

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

Merseyside Police carry out inspection at Anfield gun club

#1 Post by Plumose »

Just saw this linked from Reddit https://news.merseyside.police.uk/news/ ... lub-373596

Someone on Reddit was reporting that the club has lost it's home office approval, but they haven't been told why
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
MistAgain

Re: Merseyside Police carry out inspection at Anfield gun cl

#2 Post by MistAgain »

A very large number of police did visit the gun club on the 20th .

As a result of this visit the club has in the past couple of days had its Home Office approval revoked . There is no formal appeals process against this revocation .

At present the club officials are seeking clarification on the alleged reasons for revocation whilst at the same time taking steps to change procedures that have been alleged to be at fault .

Club officials are also investigating ways for their members to retain their firearms and FAC's .

Advice from one of the counties top firearms lawyers is under consideration and it is not impossible that legal action may commence . So in the interest of the club and its members that comments on social media be kept to a minimum .

For what its worth , the police got the club location wrong . Its not in Anfield !
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

#3 Post by HH1 »

There has been a lot more going on since the article of the 20th June. I am a member of this club and it is true that the Police were there on Thursday morning and confiscated all the club guns and ammo. The club was closed on Thursday evening. Apparently the club was supposed to be open last night according to the owner. I'm heading off to shoot at another club so I might drive past and see if there is anything posted on the main door of Aintree Pistol. It is a really bad situation for everyone concerned. Will be finding out more later at my other club.
MistAgain

#4 Post by MistAgain »

The club will be closed on Mondays & Tuesdays , probably until the situation is resolved .

It will be open Wed, Thur, Fridays . Although it may not be possible for members to use their firearms .
HH1

#5 Post by HH1 »

MistAgain wrote:The club will be closed on Mondays & Tuesdays , probably until the situation is resolved .

It will be open Wed, Thur, Fridays . Although it may not be possible for members to use their firearms .
We have been discussing the situation this afternoon... not great if we can only sit there and chat.

The club owner was given a letter explaining Exactly WHY the Home Office revoked the the Club Approval.... but so far he has not YET shared this information with anyone, including Shareholders and other key people.

I do hope they can get it sorted soon.
MistAgain

#6 Post by MistAgain »

HH1 wrote:
MistAgain wrote:The club will be closed on Mondays & Tuesdays , probably until the situation is resolved .

We have been discussing the situation this afternoon... not great if we can only sit there and chat.

The club owner was given a letter explaining Exactly WHY the Home Office revoked the the Club Approval.... but so far he has not YET shared this information with anyone, including Shareholders and other key people.

There was a meeting yesterday morning of Shareholders and Competition Organisers who were contactable and able to attend .

They were all able to study the Home Office letter .
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#7 Post by bradaz11 »

MistAgain wrote:
For what its worth , the police got the club location wrong . Its not in Anfield !
what would you class as the location of the club then?

it's a shame, Aintree pistol club have been excellent when I have visited to shoot comps, the guys I have met all seem to be top noch guys, and run their club very well.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Sim G
Past Supporter

#8 Post by Sim G »

bradaz11 wrote: it's a shame, Aintree pistol club have been excellent when I have visited to shoot comps, the guys I have met all seem to be top noch guys, and run their club very well.

I think it’s actually fair to say that even though the guys you met were top notch, they didn’t run the club very well....!

Ultimately Home Office criteria is how a club should be administered. It’s actually not complicated and the pamphlet that lays it down is only half a dozen pages long. As opposed to this event being sinister or vindictive by the police, it’s come about by inept management of the organisation....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
HH1

#9 Post by HH1 »

MistAgain wrote:
HH1 wrote:

There was a meeting yesterday morning of Shareholders and Competition Organisers who were contactable and able to attend .

They were all able to study the Home Office letter .
Cheers, that is good to know...... should be able to find out the reason then soon enough.
MistAgain

#10 Post by MistAgain »

bradaz11 wrote:
MistAgain wrote:
what would you class as the location of the club then?

it's a shame, Aintree pistol club have been excellent when I have visited to shoot comps, the guys I have met all seem to be top noch guys, and run their club very well.
The clubs location is Kirkdale .