Anti gun media continued demomisation of legal gun owners.

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Anti gun media continued demomisation of legal gun owner

#41 Post by 1066 »

I believe a good few clubs still operate under section 11(4) rules.

Section 11(4) of the 1968 Firearms Act states:

A person conducting or carrying on a miniature rifle range (whether for a rifle club or otherwise) or shooting gallery at which no firearms are used other than air weapons or miniature rifles not exceeding .23 inch calibre may, without holding a certificate, have in his possession, or purchase or acquire, such miniature rifles and ammunition suitable therefor; and any person may, without holding a certificate, use any such rifle and ammunition at such a range or gallery.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#42 Post by Daryll »

Ah, but you can get AK's in .22rf...

And we all know that if it LOOKS like an AK, its a fully semi automatic assault weapon of mass destruction..!!

8-)
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#43 Post by Dark Skies »

Pete wrote:If I remember correctly, fairground shooting booths used to have .22SR rifles. Rotten old underlever carbines with sights adjusted to miss.............

Pete
I remember those. AND the air powered .22 machine guns - you won a fiver if you could blow out the red star completely - and always ran out right at the cusp of victory.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Blackstuff

#44 Post by Blackstuff »

Pete wrote:If I remember correctly, fairground shooting booths used to have .22SR rifles. Rotten old underlever carbines with sights adjusted to miss.............

Pete
Pay for two/three go's, use the first one/two to find the zero/off-set of the rifle and the next one to actually try to win something. I've been stopped shooting at our local fairgorund for doing that O:-) :D
DVC
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#45 Post by snayperskaya »

Dark Skies wrote:

Pete
I remember those. AND the air powered .22 machine guns - you won a fiver if you could blow out the red star completely - and always ran out right at the cusp of victory.
I can vividly remember pulling the trigger on one of those air powered machine guns that looked like a Thompson at Barry Island when I was about 6 years old.....it was ready to rock and roll and the guy running the booth was messing about under the counter when I let a good burst off before my older brother dragged my off with the booth guys string of expletives ringing in my ears!!!!.......such happy days! :good:
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
The Event

#46 Post by The Event »

And another story from the Times about Police wanting to ban Sec.1 shotguns.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/javi ... -0p6cw6p9c

Quite predictable given how easy it was for them to get LR & MARS banned. Why stop when you're ahead?

#47 Post by 1066 »

snayperskaya wrote:
Dark Skies wrote:

Pete
I can vividly remember pulling the trigger on one of those air powered machine guns that looked like a Thompson at Barry Island when I was about 6 years old.....it was ready to rock and roll and the guy running the booth was messing about under the counter when I let a good burst off before my older brother dragged my off with the booth guys string of expletives ringing in my ears!!!!.......such happy days! :good:

Around ten years ago I inherited one of the Thomson air machine guns from my brother. He acquired it when, as an auxiliary fireman, he was involved in the clean up of Brighton west pier when it burned down in 2003. Like a fool I eventually broke it up and chucked it away - I did however keep the guts. I know find these are quite sought after by collectors in the US and often fetch around $1,000.

TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
BamBam

#48 Post by BamBam »

The Event wrote:And another story from the Times about Police wanting to ban Sec.1 shotguns.

Quite predictable given how easy it was for them to get LR & MARS banned. Why stop when you're ahead?
That article is in spite of various people meeting and talking with the journalist in question.
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#49 Post by Plumose »

Anyone got the text of it, as I am not going to register just to read it?
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#50 Post by GeeRam »

BamBam wrote:
The Event wrote:And another story from the Times about Police wanting to ban Sec.1 shotguns.

That article is in spite of various people meeting and talking with the journalist in question.
Mass media journalists aren't interested in the facts, only twisting and distorting information to suit their own personal agenda, and sell copy.
Trying to explain a pro-shooting stance to ANY mass media journalist is an exercise in futility, and if anything, only serves to give them more ammo to use against us.