New from Notts Police..

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
falco67
Site Supporter Since 2015

New from Notts Police..

#1 Post by falco67 »

This was on the club house board this morning..
Attachments
IMG_20181006_111040.jpg
daman
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

Re: New from Notts Police..

#2 Post by daman »

So, if I read that correctly, they're saying "the law says we should... but we are going to.... because scary..."

What a load of, to use snowflake language, privileged bo...cks.

Unfortunately those that enforce the law seem to think they can invent it as well.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Lincolnshire do this and I have been wondering who else would adopt their new policy.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#4 Post by Christel »

Told ya, it will spread.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#5 Post by dromia »

And what are our "representative" bodies doing about this outrage?

When the BMA and our greedy and morally bankrupt GP's reneged on the charging issue BASC said it would undermine shooters trust in them. Now that really made them sit up and take notice, I don't think. We need better from these organisations that purport to defend gun ownership and get a grip on this insidious and creeping erosion of gun owners ability to legally own firearms, the firearms certification departments obviously have a plan of piling on incremental barriers to legal gun ownership and there is absolutely nothing being done about at a national or local level.

BASC, NRA and all the rest of them are the real threat to gun ownership in this country as their inaction on our behalf just emboldens firearms certification to make these unfounded impositions on legal gun owners under the false pretext of public safety. This needs robust challenging nationally but there is no-one with the will to do so.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Mike95
Home club or Range: Harrowden Rifle Club

#6 Post by Mike95 »

Make more sense if anyone wanting to purchase a large knife had to provide a medical certificate....in view of the numerous stabbings that take place...

Mike95
Quarters

#7 Post by Quarters »

Not for 1 second do I agree with this but 'greedy and morally bankrupt GPs'?

You need a bit more perspective.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#8 Post by dromia »

I take as I find. If there any GPs who stood up and said that reneging on the HO/BMA agreement and told the BMA that their policy of advising there members that the best way of being allowed to charge for the letters was to say they wouldn't do it for moral grounds was completely lacking in integrity, disingenuous and just plain wrong then my apologies to them and I do not include them in my view of the profession.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
MistAgain

#9 Post by MistAgain »

Can we trust Doctors with information that we have firearms ???

2011 …...........Dishonest GPs are defrauding the taxpayer of millions of pounds by claiming money for ‘ghost patients’.
Some family doctors are retaining the details of patients who have died or left the country so they still receive annual NHS payments of up to £100 for every person registered with them.
In a separate scam, there is evidence of surgeries inserting bogus information on genuine medical records to claim vast sums of NHS cash for check-ups that never take place.

A staggering 3.6 million patients who do not exist are registered with GPs' surgeries, a Mail on Sunday investigation reveals today.
Despite a crackdown launched three years ago on so-called 'ghost patients', the numbers have risen at a rate of almost 6,000 a week.
Doctors in England receive an average of £151 a year for each patient on their books, whether they see them or not.
A practice in the Midlands had 24 'ghost patients' on its list – all from the same house.
A patient who died in 1969 stayed on a GP practice list for more than 40 years
A man who emigrated to Israel in the 1990s found he was still on the books of GPs near his childhood home and at his university.

Nuff said !
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#10 Post by GeeRam »

christel wrote:Told ya, it will spread.
Yep.

Another couple of years (if that) and they will all be doing it.

All part of the grand plan, and as Dromia says, no one to prevent it.

Then there's the security issue 8-)