Merseyside Police visiting people with 12 or more guns.....

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
London Image

Re: Merseyside Police visiting people with 12 or more guns..

#81 Post by London Image »

Could the 12 gun number be to do with the Home Office firearm security guidlines, which puts 12 and under on level one security, or check and see if there has been a change in the head of firearm licensing recently.
MistAgain

#82 Post by MistAgain »

And even more problems for the shooting community in Merseyside .

It seems that RFD's , FAC & SGC holders will soon be receiving unannounced visits from the Force Architectural Liaison & Community Engagement Officer .

Needless to say , this means that Merseyside Police will be able to say that the cost of issueing a cert has gone up .
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#83 Post by GeeRam »

MistAgain wrote:the Force Architectural Liaison & Community Engagement Officer .
A what......?

Think of the money they could save from not employing people to come with stupid non-job titles 8-)
Chapuis

#84 Post by Chapuis »

MistAgain wrote:And even more problems for the shooting community in Merseyside .

It seems that RFD's , FAC & SGC holders will soon be receiving unannounced visits from the Force Architectural Liaison & Community Engagement Officer .

Needless to say , this means that Merseyside Police will be able to say that the cost of issueing a cert has gone up .

Maybe the cost of issuing a FAC will go up but you should be able to get advice on the new extension you were thinking of or extending into the attic space at the same time. :D
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#85 Post by Dark Skies »

GeeRam wrote:
MistAgain wrote:the Force Architectural Liaison & Community Engagement Officer .
A what......?

Think of the money they could save from not employing people to come with stupid non-job titles 8-)
Back in the days when plain English was spoken fluently in this land I believe this role was performed by a Crime Prevention Officer.
I don't understand why authorities feel the need to take meaningful titles and rebrand them in ambiguous and slightly sinister Orwellian language.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#86 Post by kennyc »

Dark Skies wrote:
GeeRam wrote:
A what......?

Back in the days when plain English was spoken fluently in this land I believe this role was performed by a Crime Prevention Officer.
I don't understand why authorities feel the need to take meaningful titles and rebrand them in ambiguous and slightly sinister Orwellian language.
wasn't there a drive some years ago to reduce the long winded job titles and general verbosity of public organisations ? something like the campaign for clear English ? I guess that faded away? why use one word when a half dozen can be slotted in ?
Sim G
Past Supporter

#87 Post by Sim G »

Never heard of such a thing.

Jane Kennedy is Merseyside PCC. She is the one, elected to, hold the Chief Constable to account for his policies and performance. You want things to change with your local force? Rattle the PCCs cage!

Phone number
0151 777 5155

Email Address
info@merseysidepcc.info

Postal Address
Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Merseyside,
Wavertree Road Police Station,
Liverpool,
L7 1RJ.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
MistAgain

#88 Post by MistAgain »

Sim G wrote:Never heard of such a thing.

Jane Kennedy is Merseyside PCC. She is the one, elected to, hold the Chief Constable to account for his policies and performance. You want things to change with your local force? Rattle the PCCs cage!

Phone number
0151 777 5155

Email Address
info@merseysidepcc.info

Postal Address
Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Merseyside,
Wavertree Road Police Station,
Liverpool,
L7 1RJ.
Could this be the same Jane Kennedy who was an MP back in the handgun ban days ?

If so , she is 100% anti shooting .

I have a feeling that she might have been one of the Labour MP's who at the time wanted a total ban of all shooting , but I could be wrong .
Sim G
Past Supporter

#89 Post by Sim G »

Don’t know mate. I know I have an anti gun Conservative MP and an anti gun PCC, doesn’t stop me putting them right every time they spout rubbish or try to implement some ridiculous policy...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#90 Post by Ovenpaa »

MistAgain wrote:And even more problems for the shooting community in Merseyside .

Here in Lincolnshire we only have a CPO and we know him reasonably well as he was here for the initial security review with the alarm people and builders. Here is a tip for you, never, ever schedule a CPO and alarm man visit at the same time as they can be an expensive combination...
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal