Change in Russian Law - No parts exports?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Change in Russian Law - No parts exports?

#1 Post by Blackstuff »

Hello all,

I know there is an embargo on Russian firearms at least in the UK and US (or whatever the official terminology is), but I've now heard a (internet 8-) rumour that laws have recently been changed in Russia to stop any exporting of any gun parts/accessories as well? Has anyone heard this/can substantiate with more than just grapevine shakings?

Reason i'm asking is that i'm considering a new S1 shotgun and i'm still torn between a Typhoon F12 and a Armsan RS S1, but if I can't source spares/upgrades for the RS1 it would make the decision a whole lot easier.

Cheers
DVC
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

Re: Change in Russian Law - No parts exports?

#2 Post by shugie »

Blackstuff wrote:Hello all,

I know there is an embargo on Russian firearms at least in the UK and US (or whatever the official terminology is), but I've now heard a (internet 8-) rumour that laws have recently been changed in Russia to stop any exporting of any gun parts/accessories as well? Has anyone heard this/can substantiate with more than just grapevine shakings?

Reason i'm asking is that i'm considering a new S1 shotgun and i'm still torn between a Typhoon F12 and a Armsan RS S1, but if I can't source spares/upgrades for the RS1 it would make the decision a whole lot easier.

Cheers
Aren't the Armsan RS S1 made under licence in Turkey?
Careful now/that sort of thing
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#3 Post by snayperskaya »

The Armsan is indeed made under license in Turkey, so parts should be easy to get hold of.....Saiga and Vepr parts on the other hand, if this is true.

That said there are plenty of Russian sellers on Ebay still shipping parts worldwide, and had some items arrive fairly recently from Russia with no problem.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#4 Post by Dark Skies »

I'm not too worried about my Saiga. It's a Saiga - they don't break.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Robert303
Home club or Range: Vintage Arms Scotland. Full voting HBSA member

#5 Post by Robert303 »

why not contact the Russian Embassy and ask them?
Blackstuff

#6 Post by Blackstuff »

Armsan are indeed Turkish, but just like most other Turkish gun makers they don't make upgrade parts for some obscure reason, so they have to be sourced from America or Russia. The Yanks have virtually closed shop on the UK so its just the Ruskies left.

Don't much fancy contacting the Russian Embassy in the current climate to be honest :run:
DVC
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#7 Post by Sixshot6 »

Blackstuff wrote:Armsan are indeed Turkish, but just like most other Turkish gun makers they don't make upgrade parts for some obscure reason, so they have to be sourced from America or Russia. The Yanks have virtually closed shop on the UK so its just the Ruskies left.

Don't much fancy contacting the Russian Embassy in the current climate to be honest :run:

http://sureshot-armament.com/

This is the czech arm of the company, might have some bits that could work for the RS-1?
Zilberbak
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club, HBRA, Pipers & DRPC

#8 Post by Zilberbak »

Robert303 wrote:why not contact the Russian Embassy and ask them?
I suggest in the current clime no one contact the Russian Embassy unless they want a visit from MI6 and men dressed in HazMat suits lol
Zilberbak

Vested interest in .22LR .357 9mm .223 .308 7.62x39 & 7.62x54R
Blackstuff

#9 Post by Blackstuff »

Sixshot6 wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:Armsan are indeed Turkish, but just like most other Turkish gun makers they don't make upgrade parts for some obscure reason, so they have to be sourced from America or Russia. The Yanks have virtually closed shop on the UK so its just the Ruskies left.

http://sureshot-armament.com/

This is the czech arm of the company, might have some bits that could work for the RS-1?
LOoks like rifle stuff only but there's no harm in firing an email off to them :good:
DVC
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#10 Post by snayperskaya »

Blackstuff wrote:
Haven't had a problem so far, my line is still working ussrflag :p

"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!