New laws coming?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

Re: New laws coming?

#1311 Post by Airbrush »

HH1 wrote:Any more news as to where we are up to in this? Wondering if I need to buy more 9mm bullets for reloading or if what I have already will last until they take my SGC Lever-release......
I believe today is Report stage first hearing in the Lords.
James84

#1312 Post by James84 »

The report stage is taking place today. If there are no amendments then the third reading will happen probably a few weeks after and then it goes to consideration of amendments and then Royal Assent. So in short, if they are banned, it will be in a few months, maybe 6 (total guesstimate there) but I doubt it would be banned immediately as the authorities would then need to coordinate handing them in/collecting them etc.
The Event

#1313 Post by The Event »

The Government have previously said they planned to have it passed into law by June. However, that was before they added the amendments about knife crime prevention orders in the Lords so that will require a bit more debate when it goes back to the Commons and maybe add some delay.
Add in time for them to sort out the hand in and compensation schemes for everything being banned and then a hand in period of a month or so we've probably got a few months left. Still not time for me to use the case of 3,000 9mm FMJs I have though.
Unless we get lucky and the Govt collapses before the Bill is passed so it has to start all over again.
The Event

#1314 Post by The Event »

Listening to debate in the Lords today it seems the Govt are agreeing to an amendment requiring enhanced security requirements for HME rifles for now but will still be considering a ban in the planned public consultation.
So you can spend money to beef up your security and still maybe have the gun taken from you in a year or so. Nice.

Nothing of any benefit happened for lever release or MARS owners.
As they'll probably wheedle out of paying compensation for the accessories and ammunition components for my lever release rifle maybe I should buy one of these to try to fire off all my bullets before this gets banned too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XS1fMBRJms
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#1315 Post by safetyfirst »

That’d be section 5 here.
The Event

#1316 Post by The Event »

safetyfirst wrote:That’d be section 5 here.
How so?
Dorset_shooter
Past Supporter

#1317 Post by Dorset_shooter »

The Event wrote:
How so?
Single trigger pull??
The Event

#1318 Post by The Event »

Dorset_shooter wrote:
The Event wrote:
How so?
Single trigger pull??
As is my Sec.1 Taurus revolver.
Dorset_shooter
Past Supporter

#1319 Post by Dorset_shooter »

How so?[/quote]

Single trigger pull??[/quote]

As is my Sec.1 Taurus revolver.[/quote]

Sure, mine was a question not a statement.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#1320 Post by bradaz11 »

The Event wrote:Listening to debate in the Lords today it seems the Govt are agreeing to an amendment requiring enhanced security requirements for HME rifles for now but will still be considering a ban in the planned public consultation.
So you can spend money to beef up your security and still maybe have the gun taken from you in a year or so. Nice.

Nothing of any benefit happened for lever release or MARS owners.
As they'll probably wheedle out of paying compensation for the accessories and ammunition components for my lever release rifle maybe I should buy one of these to try to fire off all my bullets before this gets banned too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XS1fMBRJms
there should also be a 9mm straightpull or 2 coming out from some folks, but not sure how good a 9mm straightpull will be, not even sure how many people would even want one. not sure if there are better cals out there for straightpulls
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns