New laws coming?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

Re: New laws coming?

#1291 Post by Dark Skies »

"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#1292 Post by Pete »

"The seller is not a trusted trader of bladed products???" WTF.......are we talking fish knives AND Samurai swords here?

The thought that these clowns are being paid (handsomely) to argue the toss over this nonsense is sapping my will to live.....................

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

#1293 Post by HH1 »

Reading the paragraph below, SGC Lever-release rifles are perfectly legal as the cycling of rounds is interrupted and a separate lever is required..... whereas a MARS is illegal as operation of the trigger alone allows the cycling of rounds:

78B* Page 33, line 13, leave out from ““(ag)” to end of line 19 and insert “any rifle which ejects an empty cartridge case using energy which comes (directly or indirectly) from propellant gas and subsequently chambers a cartridge by mechanical means solely through the operation of the firing trigger mechanism, other than a rifle which is chambered for rim fire cartridges;”

However the next paragraph seems to throw a spanner in the works for those of us with Lever-Release Rifles:
(ah) any rifle with a chamber from which empty cartridge cases are extracted using
(i) energy from propellant gas,
Dark Skies

#1294 Post by Dark Skies »

Pete wrote:"The seller is not a trusted trader of bladed products???" WTF.......are we talking fish knives AND Samurai swords here?

The thought that these clowns are being paid (handsomely) to argue the toss over this nonsense is sapping my will to live.....................

Pete
I know! And their clinging to the irrelevant 'bump stock' in a land where semi-automatic rifles above .22 LR are beyond the average citizen.

Anything relevant to bladed weapons, noxious fluids, et al are already well-catered for within statutes already.
What's needed isn't cunning ways to punish shopkeepers and sundry businesses - it's the will to apprehend and properly punish the criminals that misuse them.

But that'd mean spending serious money on more police, building more prisons, and handing out the sort of sentences that don't have offenders smirking as they automatically cut their already risible sentences in half in their heads even before they're taken down to the holding cell.

I so wish our governments would stop blaming the tool and focus on the scumbag holding it.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#1295 Post by bradaz11 »

you'd think someone, somewhere in gvmt, would benifit from contracts for new prisons, like the PM's wife, doesn't he own a huge share in G4S? sure he wouldn't mind a load of new prisons to staff and run poorly, all while getting a fat paycheck

wonder why more prisons are always a sore point to be ignored, is it because all the naughty people obviously just need cuddles?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Dark Skies

#1296 Post by Dark Skies »

What I'd really like to see amongst all this bo...cks is a firm undertaking that Home Office guidance on firearm ownership, applications, renewals, security, etc. etc. should be adhered to and reliably followed instead of each force adding their own pet quirks. I should be able to move from one end of the country to the other safe in the knowledge that what was applicable in Oxfordshire is the same as anywhere else in the country without some senior plod's personal little gem thrown in.
condorman
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers Rifle Club,Ranges Paracombe-north devon & Millpool(MOD) bodmin moor cornwall

#1297 Post by condorman »

5mith You are as delusional as Theresa May and the rest of Parliment wallhead **** wtf kukkuk signfunnypost
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#1298 Post by Pete »

What we badly need is a well paid well trained national police force all reading off the same page.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Sim G
Past Supporter

#1299 Post by Sim G »

Dark Skies wrote:What I'd really like to see amongst all this bo...cks is a firm undertaking that Home Office guidance on firearm ownership, applications, renewals, security, etc. etc. should be adhered to and reliably followed instead of each force adding their own pet quirks. I should be able to move from one end of the country to the other safe in the knowledge that what was applicable in Oxfordshire is the same as anywhere else in the country without some senior plod's personal little gem thrown in.

It wouldn't be Guidance then, it would be law...

Likewise, does the Chief Constable of Northumbria have the same priorities as the Chief Constable of Kent? North Wales police face the same issues as GMP? No, of course they don't. Chief Constables and their policies are more than challengable through various mechanisms, "discretion" lying with the Chief, as ultimately he/she is the man/woman who grants a certificate, is an underpinning facet of how the law is administered.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sim G
Past Supporter

#1300 Post by Sim G »

Pete wrote:What we badly need is a well paid well trained national police force all reading off the same page.

Pete

No we don't. Well, yes, we need to be better paid, but not all counties or regions have the same policing priorities.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!