New laws coming?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

Re: New laws coming?

#1321 Post by DanTheMan »

bradaz11 wrote: there should also be a 9mm straightpull or 2 coming out from some folks, but not sure how good a 9mm straightpull will be, not even sure how many people would even want one. not sure if there are better cals out there for straightpulls
Southern gun made loads of 9mm straight pull (and hand grip cocking), several guys at our club still use them, obviously they have a rotating bolt so not interchangeable with LR rifles.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#1322 Post by Blackstuff »

The Event wrote: Still not time for me to use the case of 3,000 9mm FMJs I have though.
Pah! When my SGC LR was about to be taken off me for being 'Section 5' when they first came out I did in 600rds in less than 2hrs!
DVC
The Event

#1323 Post by The Event »

DanTheMan wrote:
bradaz11 wrote: there should also be a 9mm straightpull or 2 coming out from some folks, but not sure how good a 9mm straightpull will be, not even sure how many people would even want one. not sure if there are better cals out there for straightpulls
Southern gun made loads of 9mm straight pull (and hand grip cocking), several guys at our club still use them, obviously they have a rotating bolt so not interchangeable with LR rifles.
If SGC put their old design back into production with the grip cocking option I'd definitely buy one. Straight pull only just doesn't interest me though.
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#1324 Post by Sixshot6 »

The Event wrote:
DanTheMan wrote:

If SGC put their old design back into production with the grip cocking option I'd definitely buy one. Straight pull only just doesn't interest me though.
Wasn't there a rumour about Bob doing something new but he dropped out of that practical show? I Even remember an additional in gunmart mentioning a new action that was unspecified in 9mm/45 ACP.....
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#1325 Post by safetyfirst »

Could someone explain the grip cocking thing me?
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#1326 Post by Blackstuff »

safetyfirst wrote:Could someone explain the grip cocking thing me?

The pistol grip and trigger guard were hinged at the front and you pushed the grip forward until the heel of the grip would be almost facing the magazine. I don’t think I ever heard a good report in one though :bad:
DVC
Sixshot6

#1327 Post by Sixshot6 »

Blackstuff wrote:
safetyfirst wrote:Could someone explain the grip cocking thing me?

The pistol grip and trigger guard were hinged at the front and you pushed the grip forward until the heel of the grip would be almost facing the magazine. I don’t think I ever heard a good report in one though :bad:
Bob discontinued the 9mm first and then the 30 carbine version after. I got to shoot the latter and could barely operate it and needed the owners help to do so. I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy.
The Event

#1328 Post by The Event »

What I'd really like to see is something like the Ruger 96/44 but in calibres like 9mm & .45 using Glock magazines. That gun had a really nice short lever throw but only a 4 round magazine in .44 mag so was too low to be useful for anything.
I think that years ago Guy Savage said he was converting some to .45ACP using grease gun mags. But even if he did make any back then it's pretty sure he won't be making any more.
Sixshot6

#1329 Post by Sixshot6 »

The Event wrote:What I'd really like to see is something like the Ruger 96/44 but in calibres like 9mm & .45 using Glock magazines. That gun had a really nice short lever throw but only a 4 round magazine in .44 mag so was too low to be useful for anything.
I think that years ago Guy Savage said he was converting some to .45ACP using grease gun mags. But even if he did make any back then it's pretty sure he won't be making any more.
First I'd heard of it and true and Guy had many things like the not a pump Ar....... I do know a builder in the states that has some ideas with under levers and getting them to be mag fed but he's currently busy with stuff that's making him money now and not needing to mess around sadly.
The Event

#1330 Post by The Event »

Found this picture of it in an old Target Sports magazine.

I wonder if there are any out there.
Attachments
Sabre.jpg