New laws coming?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

Re: New laws coming?

#1351 Post by hitchphil »

Brian838 wrote:Time to get some pink spray-paint then if that's the end of it.
I posted similar on farcebook - I actually do think this response would get noticed by public, press & the deceitful politicians & be one many would gather around to join in with - how do we make it a national campaign - surrender your pink harmless gun?
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
Brian838
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Offa's Dyke.

#1352 Post by Brian838 »

hitchphil wrote:
I posted similar on farcebook - I actually do think this response would get noticed by public, press & the deceitful politicians & be one many would gather around to join in with - how do we make it a national campaign - surrender your pink harmless gun?
Either that or I give them a bag of stripped parts and chopped up barrel or simply just the pressure bearing parts. Still all painted pink of course!
hitchphil

#1353 Post by hitchphil »

Brian838 wrote:
hitchphil wrote:
Either that or I give them a bag of stripped parts and chopped up barrel or simply just the pressure bearing parts. Still all painted pink of course!
I believe it has to be complete to be valued, for compo - that was the case for the pistol hand in. Painting it pink does not impair that. I think some quietly chopped the firing pins on some pistols though so they didn't get used by police or taken into police clubs there was a lot of uncertainty about destruction etc & a number of larger pistols were donated to impoverished newly liberated eastern European police forces via diplomatic bags.

Also they paid more than value, my little £125 S&W .22 semi generated about £300 inc £20 for a ratty plastic box! & comp for a pile of 38 cases too! ? That then paid for a full-bore rifle later. So my call is screw the b****** for as much as you can get & with anything they will pay for, then buy something else & carry on shooting.

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
BamBam

#1354 Post by BamBam »

When will compo details be released, I'm sure owners are now concerned more about this so they can buy something to replace it.
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

#1355 Post by HH1 »

Brian838 wrote:
hitchphil wrote:
I would be careful... doing anything that the Police could intemperate as being "spiteful", "childish" or "unreasonable" could potentially bring into question a persons suitability to hold a Certificate, especially if said person is already on shaky ground with the Police.

All I will do with mine is separate the upper & lower, and give them the bolt wrapped in a kitchen roll... and then give them a bag of Glock mags and a bucket full of 9mm ammo / brass cases.
The Event

#1356 Post by The Event »

HH1 wrote: All I will do with mine is separate the upper & lower, and give them the bolt wrapped in a kitchen roll... and then give them a bag of Glock mags and a bucket full of 9mm ammo / brass cases.
No point handing them your magazines and brass. Compensation will only be paid for accessories that cannot be used with any other non prohibited firearm.
hitchphil

#1357 Post by hitchphil »

[quote=I would be careful... doing anything that the Police could intemperate as being "spiteful", "childish" or "unreasonable" could potentially bring into question a persons suitability to hold a Certificate, especially if said person is already on shaky ground with the Police.

All I will do with mine is separate the upper & lower, and give them the bolt wrapped in a kitchen roll... and then give them a bag of Glock mags and a bucket full of 9mm ammo / brass cases.[/quote]

Painting a rifle a colour, even pink, is not spiteful etc & does not display intemperate mind etc unfit to hold an FAC etc. Chopping it up etc possibly! but in the circumstances i think Police will want to focus on recovering all that are known to exist first. I bet you they will be on TV / Press with them too! "Look what we took out of circulation before the gangsters got their hands on them! & other such BS ****

You dont need to hand in mags ammo or brass if they can be used on a straight pull or are more valuable in their own right to sell on. Possibly a LR/Mars chassis can be converted to straight pull? or you use the comp to buy such & use the mags ammo etc in that. I doubt they will pay for ammo, its not being banned. The pistol ban was different Police / HO didn't see pistol cal rifles becoming popular so did pay for cases etc on the assumption they were useless because of no pistols would be allowed & its was the first such ban they had managed so really didn't have much of a clue. Not that they have much more today! kukkuk

#PaintitPink & other tags are growing.

RDC

#1358 Post by RDC »

I don't see any problem with brightly coloured rifles, there are plenty of pink rifles already knocking about.

If I could afford it I'd have my practical firearms cerakoted bright red or orange.
Site Supporter Since 2015

#1359 Post by 1066 »

hitchphil wrote:
Also they paid more than value, my little £125 S&W .22 semi generated about £300 inc £20 for a ratty plastic box! & comp for a pile of 38 cases too! ? That then paid for a full-bore rifle later. So my call is screw the b****** for as much as you can get & with anything they will pay for, then buy something else & carry on shooting.

As I remember, for pistol compensation - you could opt for the set price or have them independantly valued. I took the set price on a .22 Drulov 75 and a .38 Webley revolver and maybe a 9mm semi-auto Star B but the others I had valued - ended up with £3k eventually but no money could compensate for the shear injustice.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
toffe wrapper

#1360 Post by toffe wrapper »

No point handing them your magazines and brass. Compensation will only be paid for accessories that cannot be used with any other non prohibited firearm.[/quote]

Is that fact or your own perception,
Pistol hand in paid out for 38/357, 44/44mag brass that could be used in under leavers.
Reloading dies, lee 1000 presses and a s*** load of other bits. I still have all the paper work, 3 options for the pistol A, B & C
A was flat rate, B was based on retail price - % and C was for modified that needed valuing so STI race guns etc.
All my pistols were bought 2nd hand so did not lose much and made killing on all the junk they would pay out for.

I have a lot of Glock mags, Brass and other stuff that I got FOC, so should be able recoup some expenditure.
Will be using my compo to help fund a AI AT in 6.5