well im annoyed

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

Re: well im annoyed

#141 Post by Gaz »

Because, as we all know, vetted rifle club members and FAC holders are such a huge terrorism and domestic extremism threat...
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#142 Post by snayperskaya »

Anyone know what the outcome of this was for the Op???.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
SevenSixTwo

#143 Post by SevenSixTwo »

Gaz wrote:Because, as we all know, vetted rifle club members and FAC holders are such a huge terrorism and domestic extremism threat...
I don't think it's such a bad thing really - you never know who might try to join a club to obtain firearms for acts of 'religious extremism'. Not sure from what religion but you can never be too careful. :run:

A great many club committees are BBC/Sky drivel-fed dinosaurs who wouldn't know what domestic terrorism was if it bit them in the face. Better they be educated than something terrible happen.
"It's ok, it's just a train. On you get".
DL.

#144 Post by DL. »

SevenSixTwo wrote:
Gaz wrote:Because, as we all know, vetted rifle club members and FAC holders are such a huge terrorism and domestic extremism threat...
I don't think it's such a bad thing really - you never know who might try to join a club to obtain firearms for acts of 'religious extremism'. Not sure from what religion but you can never be too careful. :run:

A great many club committees are BBC/Sky drivel-fed dinosaurs who wouldn't know what domestic terrorism was if it bit them in the face. Better they be educated than something terrible happen.
There's a thread on that - www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17142

As for JackmanUK, I can't help but presume his indiscreet situation didn't end well, otherwise, I'm sure he would have been on here telling everyone all about it.
Jackmanuk
Home club or Range: Vintage Arms / Grove

#145 Post by Jackmanuk »

im still around but keeping my presence to a minimum
DL.

#146 Post by DL. »

Jackmanuk wrote:im still around but keeping my presence to a minimum
Good lad. A phrase an ex-navy colleague told me "Loose lips sink ships"!
Sim G
Past Supporter

#147 Post by Sim G »

Jackmanuk wrote:im still around but keeping my presence to a minimum

Any chance of an update?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Jackmanuk
Home club or Range: Vintage Arms / Grove

#148 Post by Jackmanuk »

not yet still going on
zanes

#149 Post by zanes »

A little bit of discretion at last. Probably (a lack of) what kicked this all off in the first place.
Firearms related legal question? Look here before posting about it.
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#150 Post by breacher »

Jackmanuk wrote:right wtf info ar eyou now talking about , where have i stuck my address on this forum or any forum , my guns in signature ... just look at the post above and most other peoples. info of safe . how many times have people recommended a safe to some else because they have one .... or two

if you dont like what i post maybe tell me in a PM or report it to an admin and let them sort . winging on an forum wont solve anything and neither will hijacking the post the post is about the police carrying out an inspection without my knowledge and no prior warning NOT how i handle my life
Nobody is perfect - we all cock up to some extent at some point.

The secret is, when all around you try to gently tell you that you have been a bit silly, to admit it, learn from it and move on.

Discretion is the best policy. Which is why I never have and never will use twitter or facebook or any other social media. I use a few firearms forums, one of which is not public viewable.

I am only 7 pages into this epic thread but it looks like nothing untoward has happened as a result of the "publicity". That's a good thing.

As to "hiding" as if ashamed of our lawful sport - nobody is asking you to do that.

As an aside - here is a scenario which has actually happened. Between neighbours, between family members, between partners / husbands + wives.........................

Both parties are good friends. Shooter is very open about his hobby. Now other party knows all about his guns. Shooter has even let other party have a look or even handle guns. All friendly.

A few years later, big neighbour dispute. Or messy family feud. Or messy divorce. Suddenly the other party has lots of info to use against the shooter. "Oh yes officer, he was very blasé - leaves them laying around the house". "Yes officer, I even know where he has his safe - he made no secret of it". In this modern "look at me, look at me" world of social media, its even more of a minefield.

Remember, the "friend" you share info with, banter with, let photograph himself with your gun, may not ALWAYS be your friend !! And on the interweb, who knows who is taking notes ?
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire