well im annoyed

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Jackmanuk
Home club or Range: Vintage Arms / Grove

well im annoyed

#1 Post by Jackmanuk »

i got a call today saying the police have turned up at my door in inspect the safe and interrogate me and the family. i wasnt in but my mum let them in and showed them the safe. they then proceeded to ask the familey questions about keys and im in sane(in so many words) it was somefrom the firearms team but not my FEO and 2 officers from the counter terrorism unit. whats annoyed me is its my guns, my license , my safe , my ammo , my everything yet they continued the inspection and questioning without me even being there or even letting me know they were coming. are they even allowed to do this?

they told my mum that there going around doing inspection to make sure all is well since there's been so much negative gun stuff in the news .ect so im sure i wont be the only one they visit but to do it when im at work has annoyed me **** **** **** **** **** **** :cool2:
Chuck

Re: well im annoyed

#2 Post by Chuck »

Did she ask for ID? They could have been anyone posing as plods! They should have made an appointment! No harm to your mum but she really cocked up on this! IMO of course.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#3 Post by Les »

They are 'the man', so they can - seemingly - do whatever they want to. I just hope nobody in the family knows where the spare safe keys are? :o
Jackmanuk

#4 Post by Jackmanuk »

the safe is a combo lock so no trouble with keys , they turned up in marked cop cars which is all i need to draw attention from the neighbours
Jackmanuk

#5 Post by Jackmanuk »

Les wrote:They are 'the man', so they can - seemingly - do whatever they want to.

thats the problem so i made sure my mum understands if they come to the door again unless they have a warrant tell them where to shove it
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#6 Post by meles meles »

A complaint to Chief Plod perchance about compromising your security? You'll be the talk of all the neighbours now, and those that didn't know you had firearms soon will do...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Sim G
Past Supporter

#7 Post by Sim G »

In over 30 years of having an FAC and SGC, I have never heard of such a thing. Are you sure you haven't been targeted by burglars who have just been shown where you keep your guns?

Two officers from a CTU? Really? You need to make some phone calls in the morning.

Your family don't want you to give up the guns, do they? Saying as this "happened" when you were at work.....

Something is not right here.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Jackmanuk

#8 Post by Jackmanuk »

they left these cards so i will be ringing them in the morning and finding out what they want and why the hell didnt they wait till i was there . otherwise im gonna sleep with my mossber 500 under my pillow for the next few days

meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#9 Post by meles meles »

Might be worth mobilising the BASC / NRA etc too afore you do.
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Sim G
Past Supporter

#10 Post by Sim G »

meles meles wrote:Might be worth mobilising the BASC / NRA etc too afore you do.
Ditto.....

There are times when I'm firmly of the belief that the police do absolutely nothing to attract the wagon loads of bad press that comes their way. Likewise, there are times when the police do absolutely nothing to help themselves....

So, does your mum now think you're a terrorist, a racist or a nutter planning the next atrocity?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!