Collecting banned?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Collecting banned?

#11 Post by 1066 »

Looks like quite a few nice "collectables" there. I think I can see a BSA cadet, BSA Mk2 Airsporter and a really old Gem and some of the Webley airpistols are worth a few bob now.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#12 Post by bradaz11 »

not a sheriff's badge!! oh no!

ffs, what drivel. the risk to the community if they fell into the wrong hands? it's knives and airguns, all freely availiable to buy.

I would hate to think of the headlines about my house. a large collection of knives, imitation guns, real guns, and books on guns, plus all the equipment to manufacture his own ammunition!! this country needs to get a grip
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#13 Post by Pete »

What an idiot...........

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#14 Post by Dark Skies »

The taser, flick knives, knuckle duster, and zombie knife are illegal. I'm betting the wooden handled flick knives are really just loose Opinels. Mostly the scales are made of plastic or aluminium unless they're antiques.
The "firearms" are most likely going to be deacts and air rifles I reckon. You'd really have to be going some to acrue that many genuine illegal firearms.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#15 Post by snayperskaya »

Since when was it such an outrage to have a Sheriffs Badge*?, I had one with my Lone Star cap gun!

On the plus side at least it wasn't rusty when they found it! :run:
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#16 Post by bradaz11 »

Dark Skies wrote:The taser, flick knives, knuckle duster, and zombie knife are illegal. I'm betting the wooden handled flick knives are really just loose Opinels. Mostly the scales are made of plastic or aluminium unless they're antiques.
The "firearms" are most likely going to be deacts and air rifles I reckon. You'd really have to be going some to acrue that many genuine illegal firearms.

I thought flick knives, knuckle duster, and zombie knife and the like are legal in the home? You can just never move it ect. you can hardly argue it's not part of a collection.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Christel
Site Admin

#17 Post by Christel »

bradaz11 wrote:
Dark Skies wrote:The taser, flick knives, knuckle duster, and zombie knife are illegal. I'm betting the wooden handled flick knives are really just loose Opinels. Mostly the scales are made of plastic or aluminium unless they're antiques.

I thought flick knives, knuckle duster, and zombie knife and the like are legal in the home? You can just never move it ect. you can hardly argue it's not part of a collection.
Thought so as well. Could be wrong.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#18 Post by Blackstuff »

No pictures of the Taser, knuckle dusters or flick knives of course.... Another non-story to show off how pathetic large swathes of the country have become teanews
DVC
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#19 Post by Pippin89 »

It says a "large number" of the items were legally held. This would suggest that some of them weren't legally held..... However, being a newspaper makes it impossible to know if that is the case.
It mentions swords which are perfectly legal UNLESS it has a curved blade over 50cm long. Then it would be illegal unless its a traditionally made antique. Either way I hope my kitchen knife collection doesn't come into question.....
BamBam

#20 Post by BamBam »

According to the new rules assisted opening knives are now lumped in with switchblades/flick knives.