Scope help

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

Re: Scope help

#11 Post by DaveB »

I have a couple of Vortex scopes and like Nikon, they have served me well. Good value for money. They are very popular in the US.

You initially said you wanted 200 metres, but that 100 would do. The Nikon BDC provides hold-over for 150 (I assume that is yards, as every other specification is in Imperial), so it will get you where you need to shoot.

If you have trouble finding Nikon or Vortex scopes locally in the UK, I have bought scopes from Natchez Shooting Supplies in the US. Service is good, and they don't seem to mind shipping overseas.
Shabba998
Home club or Range: RRRC

#12 Post by Shabba998 »

Thanks Daveb I'm thinking of a vortex scope with the ret being thinner than Nikon. If I don't find one over here I'll check out natchez shooting supplies.

Cheers
Geek
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#13 Post by Geek »

I have used (while I waited for another scope to arrive) a Fox Firearms scope http://foxfirearmsuk.com/websites/123re ... binoculars (8-32x50) cost £125 and I shot out to 900yrd with it. Therefore, their lower magnification scopes should be more than adequate for what you want.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Shabba998
Home club or Range: RRRC

#14 Post by Shabba998 »

Thanks geek, I've looked at fox firearms scopes and think they are similar to zos scopes. I've leaned towards a vortex, if I don't get the one I want from them then going to try a Nikon scope. Cheers
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#15 Post by DaveB »

So what did you decide to buy?