New laws coming?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

Re: New laws coming?

#411 Post by Dellboy »

FCSA are quoting 400 members so surely they must have 200 50's ??
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Sim G
Past Supporter

#412 Post by Sim G »

Oddbod wrote:Not a squeak yet from BASC.
I've asked them why & urged them to act. I suggest anyone who is a member do the same.

It really is very early days. The consultation period doesn't end till December and then you have the parliamentary legislative process.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#413 Post by dromia »

"Procrastination is the chief thief of time.
Never put of 'till tomorrow that which you could do today.
You can never perceive the dangers therein.
Therefore make no delay."

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Sim G
Past Supporter

#414 Post by Sim G »

People will also suffer from over exposure. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Already on this thread of 42 pages, there has been an abundance of contributions. Has every contributor submitted a response to the consultation? I don't think I'd bet in that one...

The representative organisations are not going to kill this idea by reasoning and submissions at this point. They are aware, they have had "clarification meetings" with the Home Office, they have issued press releases and are no doubts going to carry on the fight. They have done more than "squeaked", and it is early days. Has everyone though?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#415 Post by dromia »

Constant and consistent pressure is what is needed not these start stop issue specific HO lead threats that has us dancinga merry tune to the ban band.

Challenging creeping governments attacks like this has to be a full time job for our national organisations not something they do when the threat peaks into tangible action, hells teeth they were disappointed when the HO announced this outwith their established protocols have they learned nothing about government and reality of how fragile gun ownership is? Obviously not, this is just part of a continued attack to remove legal gun ownership in Britain that is the fundamental issue at government that needs addressing at a national level.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

Sim G
Past Supporter

#416 Post by Sim G »

I honestly believe that ability does not lie with the national organisations. That ability lies with the hundreds of thousands of individual gun owners. The organisations previously urged us not to respond to a consultation and leave it to them, but w chose to ignore it. The NRA even tried to claim credit for the 5000 responses this time around!

The constant pressure needs to be applied by individuals and not call upon and certainly don't rely upon the organisations. There is the grave risk that individuals will lose steam on this.

dromia
Site Admin

#417 Post by dromia »

Absolutely, but I still believe that this constant pressure should mobilised and wielded at a national level.

Believe me I do not rely on the "national" organisations but I also do not believe that they should be allowed their laissez faire attitude to the threat either.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

Oddbod

#418 Post by Oddbod »

Sim G wrote:People will also suffer from over exposure. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Already on this thread of 42 pages, there has been an abundance of contributions. Has every contributor submitted a response to the consultation? I don't think I'd bet in that one...

The representative organisations are not going to kill this idea by reasoning and submissions at this point. They are aware, they have had "clarification meetings" with the Home Office, they have issued press releases and are no doubts going to carry on the fight. They have done more than "squeaked", and it is early days. Has everyone though?
So far I have written to:

The Home Secretary
My MP
BASC
The NRA
I've also completed the online consultation.

I hope more than a handful have done the same, though apathy & online moaning appears to be the popular thing these days.
No wonder we end up with rubbish politicians & rubbish laws.
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#419 Post by Airbrush »

I've done the consultation & emailed my MP, I also had to give one of my club officials a 'gentle' push to get an email out to members.

Unfortunately the vast majority of members of one of my clubs will do sod all & didn't even know about it until I told them. 8-)
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#420 Post by Blackstuff »

I emailed the secretaries of the clubs i'm a member of to put out membership wide emails making people aware of the consultation to date only my clay pigeon club has done it!! 5mith

Not my indoor rifle club, or my outdoor one **** I'm going to give them another 'gentle' reminder and then a more stern one. As far as i'm concerned failure to advertise the consultation and encouragement of members to complete it by clubs (I would make completing it mandatory if you wanted to continue your membership the following year...), is no different to promoting the ban and i'll be looking for new clubs next year if they don't!
DVC