Full Bore - UK Annual shoot?

Moderator: dromia

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Full Bore - UK Annual shoot?

#1 Post by dromia »

When Mike357 was in seeing me this week he floated the idea of the forum having its own annual shoot.

I like this idea and for one would be up for it hence this post to see if there is any relish for it, if there is then we would need to consider and make decisions on the following to make it happen

Where and who: needs to some where geographically central to the membership, Diggle was suggested and that M62 corridor does seem a good area. Also if we want to make a social event of it, perhaps have a meal together in the evening and have our families come with us it would need to be somewhere with reasonable overnight accomodation and eateries along with daytime diversions within striking distance for any non shooters.

When: Good weather and light always help make a good day so after the clocks change at least. We will all be getting busy over the summer period so May early June or September seems to be possible slots.

Organisation: If its a runner then some one will need to volunteer to take the lead on organising it, booking the range, running the range, handling any money - range fees and sharing information. I would hope that everyone would chip in and help playing to everyones strengths but we will need someone to head it up.

So there's a few thoughts to start the ball rolling.

What say ye?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Christel
Site Admin

Re: Full Bore - UK Annual shoot?

#2 Post by Christel »

Sounds like a plan!

I'll be there where-ever there is.
Warm day please.

:D
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Sounds like an excellent idea and Diggle is within striking distance for us here in Middle England, we have a couple of Diggle shooters on the forum, maybe they can confirm if it is possible for a few of us to shoot as guests for a day.

Any views on shooting distances? It would be good to cater for everyone that can get to the range and I know some members have expressed an interest in Long Range, equally I would very much like to try an old rifle or two so maybe we can use it as a chance to try something different, I can certainly bring a few extra rounds :)

I know Diggle has a shower block and bunk house, does anyone know if they have camping facilities if anyone fancies tenting it?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sim G
Past Supporter

#4 Post by Sim G »

Could be a giggle....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sandgroper

#5 Post by Sandgroper »

900 mile round trip according to google maps! :shock: :cry:

I think I'll pass, but have fun whenever it is. :D
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#6 Post by Sim G »

Sandgroper wrote:900 mile round trip according to google maps! :shock: :cry:
But is that not the sort of distance you boys from the Southern Hemisphere would have to travel to get a loaf of bread? ;)

That said, there are a fair few from Jockland on the forum, so anywhere further Norff?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#7 Post by Mike357 »

I'm definetly up for it and if Mrs 357 comes along (she doesn't get the whole shooting thing but she hasn't shot yet) she'll help out with admin.

It's about 600 mile round trip tor me but can't think of a public range any further north other than West Atholl and that is way too far north.

With my present guns, 3-400 yds does it for me.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

It makes me wonder if car sharing is an option, can some members take a second/third/fourth person? The two of us would head up from Bedfordshire so if a third person further south can get here they can come with us.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#9 Post by Alpha1 »

Interesting Diggle is within driving distance of me about 3 1/2 hours I think.
Sandgroper

#10 Post by Sandgroper »

Sim G wrote:
Sandgroper wrote:900 mile round trip according to google maps! :shock: :cry:
But is that not the sort of distance you boys from the Southern Hemisphere would have to travel to get a loaf of bread? ;)

That said, there are a fair few from Jockland on the forum, so anywhere further Norff?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's the thought of travelling that far on UK roads that really puts me off (shudder :cry: ), not the distance itself.
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.