CWG - Brums loss is Dheli's Gain

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

CWG - Brums loss is Dheli's Gain

#1 Post by hitchphil »

It seems the 'compromise' between ISSF & the 2022 Commonwealth Games organisers is - India will host the shooting events that will count for medals & country points so be recognised. India threatened to boycott the entire games including all sports. In away very gracious of India to host it for all nations in the CW but I damn the Brummie GWG committee for their position - no investment or activity in England. As such i wont be watching any of the Brum based efforts.

As expressed on another site -

Bisley was too far away, but Delhi isn't?

It remains to be seen of fullbore target shooting will be included? but there is a range there suitable for it.
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Commonwealth games 2022 - Shooting back?

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

the Guardian is reporting that shooting is back on the agenda for the Commonwealth games 2022. Although it will be shot at a remote location which turns out to be India, and not at the same time as the rest of the Commonwealth games but no matter, at least shooting is back. At the moment....

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/ ... pBXB_B4Txc
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal