PSG & mini rifle clubs

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
Furiouspilgrim
Site Supporter 2019
Home club or Range: 49th

Re: PSG & mini rifle clubs

#11 Post by Furiouspilgrim »

I think Minsterly now do PSG. Looking in to trying it there as the drive to Shield wears thin after a bit.
BamBam

#12 Post by BamBam »

Furiouspilgrim wrote:I think Minsterly now do PSG. Looking in to trying it there as the drive to Shield wears thin after a bit.
Shield is up for sale, so that might not be an option if it's bought by developers.
BamBam

#13 Post by BamBam »

Rockhopper wrote:It can't be easy joining a gun club these days if you don't know anyone there. I was lucky in that my boss was the secretary of the club I joined.
FAC holders are on the increase, but places in clubs might be the bottle neck for growth of target shooting.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#14 Post by Gh0st »

Rockhopper wrote:It can't be easy joining a gun club these days if you don't know anyone there. I was lucky in that my boss was the secretary of the club I joined.
We're looking for new members all the time. Rates to cover'n'll !

But as Sam said were south of Brizzle so too far from the midlands.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Grifff
Home club or Range: 8th Warwickshire Rifle Club

#15 Post by Grifff »

Could work I've emailed the club. About 1.45 from me. Not the end of the world I drive over an hour to shoot ft airgun
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#16 Post by strangesam »

Grifff wrote:Could work I've emailed the club. About 1.45 from me. Not the end of the world I drive over an hour to shoot ft airgun

In which case I hope to see you on Practical Night (alternating Tuesday and Thursday Evenings) in a month or two.

(AFAIK FDPC has a monthly intake of new members, who need to go through the friday night training schedule over 6 months before they can become full members, however any probationer who has been signed off on .22 rimfire can come to the practical night)
Tacticool
Home club or Range: EMMR

#17 Post by Tacticool »

Grifff wrote:Hi, just completed the ukpsa safety course at Shield and now keen to get out and shoot.

Any idea of clubs in the Midlands or close to who are excepting members?

Tried Worcester Norton but they're not excepting applications.

Contacted Border just waiting for a response.

Anywhere else to try.

Thanks Grifff
East Midlands Regional Range next to Queens Medical Centre in Nottingham. We have been growing our practical side for the last year, we shoot on Sunday evenings.

Sent from my boing using "An application"
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#18 Post by Gh0st »

Grifff wrote:Could work I've emailed the club. About 1.45 from me. Not the end of the world I drive over an hour to shoot ft airgun
1.45 to FDPC? Where in Warwickshire? takes me between 1.5-2 hours from Leamington Spa to Chippenham and its 40 mins from Chip to Shepton Mallet....
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Grifff

#19 Post by Grifff »

Just going from Google , just outside Stratford. I'm guessing I'm 20 mins closer so about right on a good run.
Grifff

#20 Post by Grifff »

Tacticool wrote:
Grifff wrote:Hi, just completed the ukpsa safety course at Shield and now keen to get out and shoot.

Any idea of clubs in the Midlands or close to who are excepting members?

Tried Worcester Norton but they're not excepting applications.

Contacted Border just waiting for a response.

Anywhere else to try.

Thanks Grifff
East Midlands Regional Range next to Queens Medical Centre in Nottingham. We have been growing our practical side for the last year, we shoot on Sunday evenings.

Sent from my boing using "An application"
Thanks I'll have a look