PSG & mini rifle clubs

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

Re: PSG & mini rifle clubs

#21 Post by Gh0st »

Grifff wrote:Just going from Google , just outside Stratford. I'm guessing I'm 20 mins closer so about right on a good run.
Not a chance. :good:

Theres no easy way to get to Shepton Mallet from M4 or M5. Can take me an hour from chippenham which is only 30 miles ish.

Worth the trip tho.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Grifff
Home club or Range: 8th Warwickshire Rifle Club

#22 Post by Grifff »

Ok I'll take your word for it. Probably too far then.
Gh0st

#23 Post by Gh0st »

Grifff wrote:Ok I'll take your word for it. Probably too far then.
I drive the Fosseway most days from Chippenham to Leamington Spa. its 1.5 hours in the morning and 2 hours on the way home. Real worl timings not google.

Worth coming down for some of our events tho!
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

Grifff
Home club or Range: 8th Warwickshire Rifle Club

#24 Post by Grifff »

Hi
So I've got my application in with srpc so hopefully will be shooting there soon. What about shooting at border? I've emailed them a couple of times and messaged on Facebook but they've never responded, is there a better way to get hold of them? Also red dragon psg can seem to find a website or contact details if anyone can help?

Can I just book in for a comp and have ago? Is it better I go and watch one first?

It seems hardworking to find someone to talk to about it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#25 Post by bradaz11 »

Gh0st wrote:
I drive the Fosseway most days from Chippenham to Leamington Spa. its 1.5 hours in the morning and 2 hours on the way home. Real worl timings not google.

has FDPC got going properly then? I visitied as they were finishing with a look to joining, but it didn't sound like the club had a longterm future. subs vs lease cost didn't seem to add up
do want a closer club, but cant commit to every fri night as my rota doesn't allow it
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#26 Post by Blackstuff »

Grifff wrote:Hi
So I've got my application in with srpc so hopefully will be shooting there soon. What about shooting at border? I've emailed them a couple of times and messaged on Facebook but they've never responded, is there a better way to get hold of them? Also red dragon psg can seem to find a website or contact details if anyone can help?

Can I just book in for a comp and have ago? Is it better I go and watch one first?

It seems hardworking to find someone to talk to about it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
PM'ed you some contacts for Borders.

I think Bradaz11 might be right about Red Dragon, there was supposed to be a L3 UKPSA match there this year but it was cancelled a few months before it was due. :bad:
DVC
Gh0st

#27 Post by Gh0st »

bradaz11 wrote:
Gh0st wrote:

has FDPC got going properly then? I visitied as they were finishing with a look to joining, but it didn't sound like the club had a longterm future. subs vs lease cost didn't seem to add up
do want a closer club, but cant commit to every fri night as my rota doesn't allow it
Yes, FDPC is up and flying along.

Just like any club survival and development depends on its members.

Friday night is a generic club night. Practical takes place on alternate Tuesdays / Thursdays. Open Most Sunday Mornings. Members have access to a whatsapp group where any keyholder can arrange to open the club if there is a demand on any night / day within the times allowed! we have many keyholders.