CSR information

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

Re: CSR information

#11 Post by Maggot »

breacher wrote:
christel wrote:Also for fairness sake please mention that you got advise from this forum, the CSR forum is very quick at slagging this forum off.
Both sides in this are as bad as each other.

Even Mo Molam could not fix it !
Bloody judean front!! clapclap clapclap clapclap
Maggot

#12 Post by Maggot »

christel wrote:Also for fairness sake please mention that you got advise from this forum, the CSR forum is very quick at slagging this forum off.
Errr..yea. I buggered off for similar reasons but either can be a bit of a bear pit. Best thing is if we can help each other out, particularly as the fun police are after yet more bans.

Sure people wind each other up, but some of it is just pointless.
Maggot

#13 Post by Maggot »

Word to the wise (?) IF you do not give your full name on trying to gain access to the CSR Shooter forum, you wont get in.

It is not so much a forum as a communication platform for the CSR league shooters. Personal and professional info might end up on there and people like to know who they are talking (?) to/about.

Its a rule, no name, no access. Perfectly reasonable to most teanews
A saffa
Home club or Range: Bisley

#14 Post by A saffa »

Maggot wrote:Word to the wise (?) IF you do not give your full name on trying to gain access to the CSR Shooter forum, you wont get in.

It is not so much a forum as a communication platform for the CSR league shooters. Personal and professional info might end up on there and people like to know who they are talking (?) to/about.

Give my real name? Didn’t ask for it when I signed up. Did I miss it? How do I fix it?

Sent from my boing using "An application"
leeroy7031
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Uttoxteter Rifle Club, FCSA, Stafford Post Office Rifle & Pistol Club

#15 Post by leeroy7031 »

A saffa wrote:
Maggot wrote:Word to the wise (?) IF you do not give your full name on trying to gain access to the CSR Shooter forum, you wont get in.

Give my real name? Didn’t ask for it when I signed up. Did I miss it? How do I fix it?

A post on the intro forum will help :good:
Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician ............ "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

#16 Post by Strangely Brown »

A saffa wrote:

If you're a member from way back there's probably little need to re introduce yourself as we all knew each other back then.

It's only in recent times we've had trolls from other forums trying to get in, hence the need for names.
Mick
A saffa

#17 Post by A saffa »

leeroy7031 wrote:
A saffa wrote:

A post on the intro forum will help :good:
Uh. I’ll have to wait till my account is approved.

Maggot

#18 Post by Maggot »

A saffa wrote:
Uh. I’ll have to wait till my account is approved.
Sure it will be bud and you get a chance to introduce yourself. The chap that does it works away etc so does not always get them done immediately. Its about the only thing we ask. One or two spit the dummy and walk, that's up to them. The thing is though that if there are practice shoots or bits or useful info/help it will be there...eventually lol
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#19 Post by safetyfirst »

Putting your real name on an internet connected database then discussing the firearms you own just isn’t good practice in my personal opinion.

It doesn’t matter if the forum is “closed”, no forum is 100% secure, I see no reason for real names until you require them for a sale/purchase in which case do it offline.
Nick-St

#20 Post by Nick-St »

safetyfirst wrote:Putting your real name on an internet connected database then discussing the firearms you own just isn’t good practice in my personal opinion.

It doesn’t matter if the forum is “closed”, no forum is 100% secure, I see no reason for real names until you require them for a sale/purchase in which case do it offline.
Imperial winners names are published in the Telegraph, all other NRA competition results are on their website & in the NRA magazine. Plenty of clubs publish results on their own websites.... If you're a competitive shooter, that horse has bolted...