Phoenix 2018 Bisley

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

Phoenix 2018 Bisley

#1 Post by breacher »

And so I start 3 full days of shooting. Crammed in as many matches as possible this year so will be shooting all day every day !

Slug matches, mini and fullbore McQueen, a few matches 100-300 and 400-600 with modern and historic. And the 200 yard .22 as well.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
millemigliadave
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Phoenix 2018 Bisley

#2 Post by millemigliadave »

Hope you have a great weekend - I'll be there Sunday all day, fingers crossed for the weather!
ballkeeper
Home club or Range: lanc

#3 Post by ballkeeper »

an save all ya brass
chris
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#4 Post by TattooedGun »

How did you get on Breacher?

I went, unfortunately I didn't enter as many comps as I would have liked, but I'm woefully short on cash this month, but I still managed to shoot the fullbore McQueens for the first time. Managed a 50.1 (9x 5 and 1x V). Not too shabby for my first time out. Followed it up with a 47, for some reason I was shaking all over the place second time round. Shot with AI AT .308, PMii 5-25, Wildcat Evo Mod, Phoenix Bipod and no rear rest.

Shot Speed Steels on butt Zero and also did the Practical Pistol Match.

Got heat stroke on Sunday and felt absolutely awful by mid-day. Almost didn't compete in my Practical match as I felt so ill, but managed to soldier through, with a poor score.

Next year I think I'll bring my Anschutz and have a go at the Mini-McQueens, too.
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#5 Post by breacher »

I think I accumulated enough points for a Grand Master medal.....just waiting on final scores Thursday.

Had a cracking time with the Mauser k98 both with scope and on irons. 100-300 and 400-600 yards.

50.1 too on McQueen and 50.5 on mini McQueen. I seem to pull shots left on every exposure appearing on right side of castle - must be a position thing ?
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
DavidRees
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: JSPC; Tayside; NRA

#6 Post by DavidRees »

breacher wrote:I think I accumulated enough points for a Grand Master medal.....just waiting on final scores Thursday.
Does anyone know if there is a particular reason why the results for the Phoenix take so long to appear on-line? Thursday evening now, and no sign of them. Given that they likely would have been pinned up on the wailing wall after the Prizegiving on Sunday? Not complaining, just wondering...
hoppo
Home club or Range: Aldershot and Bisley

#7 Post by hoppo »

Entered a total of 13 comps over 2 days and thoroughly enjoyed myself even though i didn't have enough time to look round the stalls.
First time ever, shooting The Grand, Bianchi, Phoenix A, Multi Target 3, and ML revolver T&P 1.
Thankfully the promised thunderstorms stayed away.
Alan
artiglio

#8 Post by artiglio »

DavidRees wrote:
breacher wrote:I think I accumulated enough points for a Grand Master medal.....just waiting on final scores Thursday.
Does anyone know if there is a particular reason why the results for the Phoenix take so long to appear on-line? Thursday evening now, and no sign of them. Given that they likely would have been pinned up on the wailing wall after the Prizegiving on Sunday? Not complaining, just wondering...
Given that the wrong targets were put up in one of the long range events, competitors told on the day to continue as all competitors would use the same, only for the correct target to be used on the other days. Probably best not to expect peak efficiency.
millemigliadave
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#9 Post by millemigliadave »

DavidRees wrote:
Agreed.. the results from the Practical match were on Practiscore by Monday.. again, not complaining but frustrating to have to wait so long..
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#10 Post by TattooedGun »

millemigliadave wrote:
DavidRees wrote:
Agreed.. the results from the Practical match were on Practiscore by Monday.. again, not complaining but frustrating to have to wait so long..
Yes but the practical match was actually scored using the Practiscore app, therefore it was posted as soon as James hooked up all the devices to the internet. So it's not really a fair comparson when the rest of the events take place on paper and have the paper sent to the office.

It should be faster, but until someone puts together a tablet/database system for the NRA competitions, it will likely stay the same. Given the complexity of the scoring for a lot of competitions at the Phoenix and sheer number of competitions, I can't see it improving anytime soon :(