NRA staff?

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
EagerNoSkill

Re: NRA staff?

#91 Post by EagerNoSkill »

hi NICK

That is great news !!!!!!!!!!!! party2 party2

Still sad since we have lost some GREAT peolpe

But logic dictates should we / NRA want to grow membership we need people focussed on that function! :-P
smile2
European 2012 FTR Champion (November 2012 I had +- 112 very lucky shots in a row)
“F-Open shooters are compensating for something”
I make an awesome friend and even worse enemy.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#92 Post by Ovenpaa »

Good to hear you are going to continue with the NRA Nick, as ENS says it is a pity they have binned some very good people and not invited them to continue.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#93 Post by M99 »

Nick wrote:A brief heads up, I've had my redundancy notice recinded so will continue to be available to answer any membership questions from the usual contact points at the NRA.

Also, I would like to thank all those who posted positive comments about me on this forum, it was much appreciated. sign92
That is great news for you Nick, maybe you would answer my earlier question? (it was in another thread and has gone un-answered) - Ill find it now and tag it on to this thread.

Mike
M99

#94 Post by M99 »

Here you go Nick,

Hope you can help

Mike

MiLisCer wrote:Karen,

Please take this in the spirit it is meant!!

I am currently not an NRA member, I used to live a stones throw away from Bisley and nothing drew me to join.

It would appear that "funds" are needed to enable you to do things - common sense, dictates this, but you (I say you, meaning the NRA, not you personally) need to have a recruitment drive and you need to attract more members. More members will equate to greater revenue, greater revenue will allow you to do more, which in turn would hopefully attract more members.

Now for me to join the NRA, it is £70 (Currently reduced to £45 for new members) - but what do I actually get for my pennies?

I am already a member of an affiliated club, so I get my SCC through them, on a good day Bisley would be 3 and a touch hours for me - so easily achievable - but add to the journey the cost of a target and I would save over £100 by shooting locally - I can shoot out to 600 yards within a 45 minutes drive and out to a 1000 with just over an hours drive.

I am a trade member of BASC, for which I get my shooting insurance (x2) and a host of other useful bits.

So come on - sell the NRA to me as a prospective member, I am a FAC holder and shooter, who is sat on the fence and undecided as to whether to part with my hard earned cash on NRA membership.

Mike
Ginger

#95 Post by Ginger »

MiLisCer, with reference to your post below I refer you to Nicks post on this forum

Quote "A brief heads up, I've had my redundancy notice recinded so will continue to be available to answer any membership questions from the usual contact points at the NRA"

I see you quoted Nicks post further up but negleted to actually read the post!

From the last few posts I have seen of yours it would suggest to me that you have somekind ot axe to grind with the NRA and I would suggest you do it to the NRA and not in a Public forum which it nothing to do with the NRA and therefore the NRA staff have to be careful about what they say.

MiLisCer wrote:Here you go Nick,

Hope you can help

Mike

MiLisCer wrote:Karen,

Please take this in the spirit it is meant!!

I am currently not an NRA member, I used to live a stones throw away from Bisley and nothing drew me to join.

It would appear that "funds" are needed to enable you to do things - common sense, dictates this, but you (I say you, meaning the NRA, not you personally) need to have a recruitment drive and you need to attract more members. More members will equate to greater revenue, greater revenue will allow you to do more, which in turn would hopefully attract more members.

Now for me to join the NRA, it is £70 (Currently reduced to £45 for new members) - but what do I actually get for my pennies?

I am already a member of an affiliated club, so I get my SCC through them, on a good day Bisley would be 3 and a touch hours for me - so easily achievable - but add to the journey the cost of a target and I would save over £100 by shooting locally - I can shoot out to 600 yards within a 45 minutes drive and out to a 1000 with just over an hours drive.

I am a trade member of BASC, for which I get my shooting insurance (x2) and a host of other useful bits.

So come on - sell the NRA to me as a prospective member, I am a FAC holder and shooter, who is sat on the fence and undecided as to whether to part with my hard earned cash on NRA membership.

Mike
M99

#96 Post by M99 »

Ginger wrote:MiLisCer, with reference to your post below I refer you to Nicks post on this forum

Quote "A brief heads up, I've had my redundancy notice recinded so will continue to be available to answer any membership questions from the usual contact points at the NRA"

I see you quoted Nicks post further up but negleted to actually read the post!

From the last few posts I have seen of yours it would suggest to me that you have somekind ot axe to grind with the NRA and I would suggest you do it to the NRA and not in a Public forum which it nothing to do with the NRA and therefore the NRA staff have to be careful about what they say.

Ginger
I have no idea what you are on about - the post was not aimed at you - so wind your neck in and but out.

Hopefully now that Nick is NOT being made redundant he will be in a position to answer my question.

You butted in earlier and as of yet my question has still gone unanswered. I have no axe to grind - I am making a genuine enquiry as you can see from my question.

If this is hard for you to understand, then I am sorry - there is no hidden agenda - I just would like an answer. Funnily enough as do a few others!

Mike
Ginger

#97 Post by Ginger »

Well MiLisCer your reply just shows what a churish person you actually are, (yes I will let you look that up), that you have to resort to insults to people rather than actually understand what people are saying to you.

It looks like you now have an issue with myself as well as the NRA now, oh lucky me.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#98 Post by dromia »

OK, cease this now!

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#99 Post by Gaz »

Nick wrote:A brief heads up, I've had my redundancy notice recinded so will continue to be available to answer any membership questions from the usual contact points at the NRA.

Also, I would like to thank all those who posted positive comments about me on this forum, it was much appreciated. sign92
Fantastic news! You were certainly most helpful to me when I was getting my university club off the ground and I'm glad to hear you'll be around to help others in future. :grin:
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
Ginger

#100 Post by Ginger »

Having had time to review my last reply I apologise for my harsh reply. I am aware what a dinosaur the NRA is in all regards but I was just trying to say that questions to an individual had been requested to go via normal routes however how bad they are.

Looks like we will have to agree to disagree on certain items MiLisCer