Is my experience today unique?

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

falco67
Site Supporter Since 2015

Is my experience today unique?

#1 Post by falco67 »

I am a member of a club with its own 25 and 50 yard range and a 100 metre range. All outdoors and owned by the club. We have an online booking system and we have to provide our own Range Officer so we tend to shoot in pairs/ threesomes. Due to the clubs policy of not advertising, I can't tell you where it is or what its called.

Last weekend there were no range bookings, this morning there were 3 of us from 10.00am till noon. No bookings this afternoon, non tomorrow.

Its all very sad!
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Is my experience today unique?

#2 Post by snayperskaya »

My club is very busy and the membership has increased quite significantly, even over the last 12 months.At one time I could go on a Saturday and quite often have the 100m range to myself, or there would be a couple of other people, but that doesn't happen now even with social distancing measures in place......it seems more people are interested in taking up shooting if my experience is anything to go by :good:
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Fenix1

#3 Post by Fenix1 »

Wish you club was around here! Seems very sad to see it so underused, and possibly under threat unless they open up a bit.
falco67

#4 Post by falco67 »

Fenix1 wrote:Wish you club was around here! Seems very sad to see it so underused, and possibly under threat unless they open up a bit.
It might be! I have lived 7 miles from the range all my life and only found out by accident that it was there when a guy I had known for 18 years told me about it!
Jimminy234

#5 Post by Jimminy234 »

For all I know this range is close to me and I would love to shoot at 100 meters. It’s very sad that some clubs make it so difficult to find them.
Thorney
Home club or Range: Silverstone Shooting Centre

#6 Post by Thorney »

Our membership is up 40%
Jorden
Home club or Range: ponteland

#7 Post by Jorden »

This is one of the main problems with shooting today, we appear to be running a host of secret societies, I know of quite a few clubs who seem to be going out of their way to positively dissuade new members. It will only end one way, when all the old members (me inc.) die off.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#8 Post by kennyc »

falco67 wrote:I am a member of a club with its own 25 and 50 yard range and a 100 metre range. All outdoors and owned by the club. We have an online booking system and we have to provide our own Range Officer so we tend to shoot in pairs/ threesomes. Due to the clubs policy of not advertising, I can't tell you where it is or what its called.

Last weekend there were no range bookings, this morning there were 3 of us from 10.00am till noon. No bookings this afternoon, non tomorrow.

Its all very sad!
thats how clubs die
falco67

#9 Post by falco67 »

kennyc wrote:
falco67 wrote:I am a member of a club with its own 25 and 50 yard range and a 100 metre range. All outdoors and owned by the club. We have an online booking system and we have to provide our own Range Officer so we tend to shoot in pairs/ threesomes. Due to the clubs policy of not advertising, I can't tell you where it is or what its called.

Its all very sad!
thats how clubs die
Exactly right. I see no other option!
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#10 Post by GeeRam »

Such a shame I'm a bloody 3+ hours drive away, otherwise I'd join you ;)