New Electronic Targets at 600 Yards at Bisley

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Quarters

Re: New Electronic Targets at 600 Yards at Bisley

#11 Post by Quarters »

My last post was for the F class target. The standard NRA V bulls are:
300 yards 3.3
500 yards 6.3
600 yards 7.8
800 yards 14.4
900 yards 14.4
1000 yards 14.4
rox

#12 Post by rox »

rox wrote:They've been working pretty well for the last 3 months.
Oops, spoke too soon.
Probs galore yesterday & today.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#13 Post by Pete »

We used them on Stix last week and lost an hour while Intarso re-loaded the s/ware..............worked fine after that, though.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016

#14 Post by bnz41 »

Was on 600 yards yesterday to the right of the Electronic targets they had a complete failure of the system, (was working fine am) some shooters were moved to a target with a marker (not sure if they had spare available or shared a marker) others packed up and went home/moved to another range. Before the failure I did hear poeple saying not picking up my shots.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#15 Post by GeeRam »

Used on Stick this morning at 900yrds, and seemed to work OK, but can't really be sure, as some people scored well, and others couldn't register a single hit......?
Pete
Past Supporter

#16 Post by Pete »

Used them on Century at 600 last Thursday AM, and they worked perfectly.......until the whole site lost mains power around 12.00.
So no full English at Lord Roberts, either :bad: :bad: :bad:

Pete
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
rox

#17 Post by rox »

rox wrote:Oops, spoke too soon.
Probs galore yesterday & today.
Turned out there was shot/ricochet damage to one of the problem targets on the right of Stix, and a popped electronic component on the other. Should now be fixed. I had no issues or missed shots on the targets in the middle of Stix last week, so hopefully it was an isolated incident (before this I probably had over 1000 rounds on the Stix targets without a problem since software updates resolved early issues in Dec/Jan).

There have been suggestions that the scaling is incorrect on some/all of the 600 yard systems though. Reports that every member at a club shoot scored a PB, and holding-off into the white still giving a 4. I was suspicious during testing to put 29 out of 30 into the 'V', with just the one escaping into the '5' by a fraction. Would like to go back to cursing myself for that shot!

Triffid
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Wey Valley

#18 Post by Triffid »

My club was shooting on Stix 1000X on Saturday afternoon. No problems at all with the electronic targets. We love 'em!
Triffid
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#19 Post by GeeRam »

Triffid wrote:My club was shooting on Stix 1000X on Saturday afternoon. No problems at all with the electronic targets. We love 'em!
Two of us were forced to give up yesterday as couldn't register a hit, after 10 or so rounds each and despite two people spotting with scopes the heat haze meant they couldn't see whether they were left/right/low/high, so with no scorer's to give any idea of a round splash in the butts, its quit time. We were both using same sight settings as previous 900 events with similar weather, and which we've not had a missed target so only difference was they were using human markers in the butts for those.....
Another guy who won our last 900yrd club event (with a P17 using battle sights!) only managed a couple of hits this time......and given the almost still conditions for most of the morning........3 of us left very confused.

We three don't think our vintage military rifles and these new fangled electronic targets at 900yrds are that compatible? Are they smaller?
None of us have failed that miserably at 900 before with the human operated targets?
Pete
Past Supporter

#20 Post by Pete »

Five of us put around 200 through them on Century this morning without a hitch................

Pete