RIP Bradders

Moderator: dromia

hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

RIP Bradders

#21 Post by hitchphil »

his last facebook page from 'beyond the Firing Point' he says; 'the tea is as s*** in heaven as at Bisley but at least its hot! & if anyone likes this post he will F-ing haunt you!' lol RIP top man.
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

Re: RIP Bradders

#22 Post by shugie »

hitchphil wrote:his last facebook page from 'beyond the Firing Point' he says; 'the tea is as s*** in heaven as at Bisley but at least its hot! & if anyone likes this post he will F-ing haunt you!' lol RIP top man.
Sounds about right, a man who spoke his mind. Only heard that he was ill last weekend, so this is sudden news for me. I have one of his very fine rifles to remember him by. CSR will be quieter without him.

RIP Mark
Careful now/that sort of thing
Whizzbang

#23 Post by Whizzbang »

hitchphil wrote:his last facebook page from 'beyond the Firing Point' he says; 'the tea is as s*** in heaven as at Bisley but at least its hot! & if anyone likes this post he will F-ing haunt you!' lol RIP top man.
Close.

The tea comment was a "from beyond the grave" response to a post about his demise, referencing a long-running tea-based dispute.

A dark sense of humour, but very "him".
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#24 Post by Mattnall »

I don't think it was meant to be heaven. :twisted:
I wonder if this means his life-time ban from this forum will be lifted now.

He went peacefully surrounded by his family and closest friends, it was a tough fight and he met it with his usual wit and charm but it was inevitable, a fight he could not win.
He's at peace now and will be missed. We had some great times, many of which we still cannot recount to protect those of us left behind.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#25 Post by channel12 »

Mattnall wrote:
I wonder if this means his life-time ban from this forum will be lifted now.
i guess then his "life time" ban has expired and if Bradders is still posting on Facebook he can now start posting again on here. ;)
Christel
Site Admin

#26 Post by Christel »

Nah, Mark is still banned, when he rang here he would ask if I would let him back in and I would always say no, then he would laugh out loud down the line.

:wave: Mark.
Mattnall

#27 Post by Mattnall »

christel wrote:Nah, Mark is still banned, when he rang here he would ask if I would let him back in and I would always say no, then he would laugh out loud down the line.
He told me he did that. Great sense of humour.
:D

Don't let the bugger back, he'd only say something controversial and get banned all over again.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Christel
Site Admin

#28 Post by Christel »

Exactly what I was thinking lol
Mattnall

#29 Post by Mattnall »

I have had a few ask about funeral arrangements. Mark was quite specific with regards for his funeral in his Will.

As he regularly received mail meant for the vicar of the church opposite his house, and the church often received his, he knew the vicar.

So it follows his funeral will be held at St Paul’s Church, 4 Cross Rd, Woodford Green, IG8 8BS on Monday 9 September at 13:00hrs.

But in true Mark style it is interesting to note Mark is an Irish catholic and The Church is Anglican! Hands across the divide or trouble brewing? ;) :twisted:

The committal will be at Forest Park Crematorium afterwards.
Family flowers only is the request and if you wish to make a donation then there will be a collection on the day for the Margaret Centre at Whipp's Cross Hospital who looked after Mark so well - I cannot thank the staff there enough.

All are welcome.

David TS
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms, LERA, SEESA

#30 Post by David TS »

Following on from Matt's post, here is the link to the funeral details, bikers might note:

https://www.dignityfunerals.co.uk/funer ... k-bradley/