Enfield No1 Mk3 smle dated 1912

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

Enfield No1 Mk3 smle dated 1912

#1 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Cannot believe my luck, just returned from a tip off, that a person was wanting to sell "In his words an old rifle" got to the premises and sure enough the gentleman pulled out this old sack containing a rather dusty smle all matching rifle dated 1912.
Gave it a quick check over and although it did not have the volley sight arrangement and had been fitted with a later walnut lower wood, I must admit that it was in damn fine condition, the bore is as new from chamber to muzzle and was full of oily grease.
No bayonet but suppose that was too much to ask for, but very well pleased with my purchase
How much, well it certainly did not break the bank. One question (For all you smle fans) as well as having the brass oiler in the butt there was also a rather neat alloy oiler that looked as though it belonged. I have searched and can fine no mention of this, does anybody know if these were a fitment to pre WW1 rifles ?
Attachments
P1090320.JPG
P1090317.JPG
P1090316.JPG
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Enfield No1 Mk3 smle dated 1912

#2 Post by snayperskaya »

Looks nice :good:
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Vintage stuff
Home club or Range: Altcar

Re: Enfield No1 Mk3 smle dated 1912

#3 Post by Vintage stuff »

Mauserbill, The silver oil bottle is for a shotgun, it should have the bore size on the base, they were also combined as the weight for a pull through and should have a hole in the top for the pull cord. I think they were made from pewter.
When things get beyond a joke, light a cig and have a smoke. If you find a cig won't do, boil the kettle, have a brew.