Walther/Umarex MP5 .22LR Trigger spring Kit

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
safetyfirst

Walther/Umarex MP5 .22LR Trigger spring Kit

#1 Post by safetyfirst »

Hi, just bought one of thee and I'm after some upgrades, does anyone have any trigger spring upgrade kits for them?

Alternatively can anyone import stuff from hkparts.net?

Cheers!
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: Walther/Umarex MP5 .22LR Trigger spring Kit

#2 Post by Blackstuff »

I have one in mine (and its staying there before you ask!) but if i'm brutally honest, it doesn't make much difference. You get a slightly lighter trigger pull but its still the 1" long creepy mess and sloppy reset that all MP5's have!
DVC
safetyfirst

#3 Post by safetyfirst »

Hmm. Interesting. For $20 it’d be worth it to me just to have a reason to take everything apart and grease it nice.

#nerd
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#4 Post by Blackstuff »

I like doing the same to be fair. :D But the way the Walther MP5 strips and the daft barrel tensioning muzzle breake works its maybe only once a year as the ammo you burn in it getting it re-zeroed negates the full strip down clean! 5mith
DVC
safetyfirst

#5 Post by safetyfirst »

I was hoping to get that tensioning brake threaded for a moderator as well at some point, bit of a custom job but I’d like the rifle to be quiet, just for politeness sake.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#6 Post by Blackstuff »

Also looked into that but ended up defeated by mindnumbing stupidity from the importer and Walther themselves.

Before i even contemplated threading the faux muzzle brake i wanted to get a replacement one so if it went Pete Tong i could restore the gun, or even just have them to switch between moderated and not. After 5 weeks of pointless toing-and-froing with the importer i eventually went direct to Walther who didn't seem to grasp the concept there was a UK specific A4 model (with the enlongated faux muzzle brake to cover the 12" barrel). As soon as i mentioned to them that the purpose of me wanting the replacement part was so i could fit a sound moderator they non-stop referred me to their own sound moderator adapter, which only works on the HK416 or perhaps the non-UK version of the MP5.

Credit where credit is due my local gun shop ordered me the adapter to try but as predicted it was completely wrong for the gun and just sat on the end of the pencil barrel providing zero tension/not covering the barrel and not coming back to the receiver to stablise the barrel within the front sight lower ring. They sent it back with no charge to me.

That was one of the main things that prompted me to get a S&W 15-22 just to make life easier! Still wouldn't part with my MP5 though!
DVC
safetyfirst

#7 Post by safetyfirst »

Yeah, parts for this gun will be hard to come by in future, but it’s a pretty simple firearm from what I can see, there’s not a lot a good machinist couldn’t make up.

In fact your story has prompted me to think about having new tensioner with thread made up to keep the original just in case.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#8 Post by Blackstuff »

If you manage it let me know, me and at least 3 others would likely be interested in one too :good:
DVC
safetyfirst

#9 Post by safetyfirst »

Roger Wilco. :)
cmmg warrior
Home club or Range: HBRA

#10 Post by cmmg warrior »

Well all I have the answer to your quest....I prefer all of my .22 suppressed, it negates the need for hearing protection and I had contacted the Walther inmporter to get a replacement barrel shroud but they no longer are able to get spares. So i went to a chap called Richard Pope of Swift Precision Rifles and he came up with a perfect solution to moderate the 12" HK MP5 barrel whilst still being able to tension it. He makes the adaptors in house and machines the original shroud.
It works a treat and I also have an over barrel moderator coming shortly which will make the old MP look pretty stunning.

I have added pictures of the work Richard was able to do for me.
Attachments
IMG_1793.JPG
IMG_1792.JPG
IMG_1787.JPG
CMMG M4 LE .22lr
HK MP5 A4 .22lr
CZ 455 .22lr
Henry H001 .22lr
Howa M1500 .223
Mossberg 930 JM Pro
Mossberg 590