Flickr test

Testing 1,2,3 Testing - If you want to test how to post this is the place.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Flickr test

#1 Post by Blackstuff »

Well Flickr is s*** you have to make the photo public in the folder on the site so anyone can see it by searching if you want to share it on a website 8-) Does anyone use a website that works the same way as Photobucket where your albums are private but you can share a photo using an IMG code?
DVC
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

Re: Flickr test

#2 Post by HALODIN »

I don't see how photobucket is any different to Flikr, the albums aren't private as far as I can tell. There's a search facility on the front page. Put this into a browser -

site:photobucket.com *.jpg

On flikr just don't add metadata or rename your .jpg's to anything meaningful.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#3 Post by bradaz11 »

i've started using flickr for some lego project pics, seems a lot easier to resize the image. and after photobucket deciding you can't use it's free account to host photos (despite giving you the options to host) now without paying for the privilege, I think a few people will be looking for alternatives

just doesn't seem as easy to upload, and as you say, all have to be in a big public folder.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Odd Job

#4 Post by Odd Job »

I use Imgur and I've been very happy with it.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
JSC
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA

#5 Post by JSC »

Try Tinypic as well.
HALODIN

#6 Post by HALODIN »

Looks like the Flikr uploader is now part of the pro package, it used to be free. I've got a saved program called FlickrUploadrInstallr.exe that I can send you if you want to try it. Just PM your e-mail address and I'll beam it across.
bradaz11 wrote:just doesn't seem as easy to upload, and as you say, all have to be in a big public folder.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#7 Post by dromia »

I looked for an alternative to photofukket last year and went with imageshack. it costs but does everything I need. The only thing that has been holding me up transferring my images is photofukkets crap download tool.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
HALODIN

#8 Post by HALODIN »

I just tested it, FlickrUploadrInstallr.exe is the official uploader that has now expired, HOWEVER... that isn't the one I use. I use an unofficial one called FlickrUploadr-3.2.1-2009.06.02.01-en.exe. You just right click on the image(s) and the option is called "Send to Flikr..." Select your folder/group and it uploads. Pretty simple.
HALODIN wrote:Looks like the Flikr uploader is now part of the pro package, it used to be free. I've got a saved program called FlickrUploadrInstallr.exe that I can send you if you want to try it. Just PM your e-mail address and I'll beam it across.
bradaz11 wrote:just doesn't seem as easy to upload, and as you say, all have to be in a big public folder.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#9 Post by Alpha1 »

What is the reason for using hosting sites for your pictures. I genuinely don't understand why people use them. I take pictures on my phone with a camera and tablets. I then transfer the pictures to my computer crop them resize them and store them in folders on a dedicated 1 terabyte hard drive. From there I can post them or share them any were I want. It takes minutes to add them to a forum post. Am I missing some thing.
Considering the latest photo bucket screw up why would you want to get involved in any thing similar why would you want to put your pics out there on these rip of sites.
HALODIN

#10 Post by HALODIN »

The problem is once you upload them to a site, you've lost control of them, they become the property of the forum. If I only post a link, I can remove the pictures if I so choose. You might say what does it matter, my reply would be it probably doesn't, but I like to retain control of my data.