Youtube Video thoughts!

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Youtube Video thoughts!

#21 Post by Blackstuff »

10 mins of erming, little practical information while the gun is span around in front of the camera to look forward to then(!) clapclap
DVC
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#22 Post by kennyc »

oooh hard audience wallhead guess I need to bring out the old favourite shakeshout
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#23 Post by kennyc »

and a shortie with info and snazzy muzak O:-)
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#24 Post by Les »

Gh0st wrote:I Lasted 2 minutes... then went back to watching Outlanders on Netflix, definitely some similarities.
You did a lot better than me, then. I lasted 2 seconds. When I saw it was over an hour to explain only 4 gun 'myths', I suddenly remembered I had to polish my piles.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#25 Post by Gh0st »

ive been stuck watching the T-Rex arms channel, quite like this Lucas Kid
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#26 Post by TattooedGun »

I must admit, as my first foray into creating Youtube Content was the Eley Range videos I posted on here not long ago, some of the feedback I got from my other half is that I waffle a fair bit, and I can see from you guys that waffling isn't the best way to keep an audience entertained.

I guess the problem i have is that generally i've got a lot to say but without scripting every last second it's difficult to get it across in a meaningful manner.

The production time that went into the videos I produced was fairly high, I ended up with an hour of video spread across 5 videos, and the amount of filming was close to 3 hours, trying to cut and edit the time down to something meaningful was a challenge in itself.

I do have another video in mind to do when I get chance, which hopefully i can plan a little better for and make it a little more concise.
Gh0st

#27 Post by Gh0st »

To be fair waffling can work, if you can pull it off.

Two Vloggers not gun related i follow are Casey Neistat and Peter Mckinnon. The later being my favourite. Love his production of his vids.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#28 Post by WelshShooter »

If you have a topic to discuss with lots of information, try breaking it down to 10 minute videos and release each video every week. It's much easier and palatable to watch videos this way.

There was a guy on YouTube from the US who was welding together a split belt fed 7.62x54mmR receiver and making it a legal semiautomatic. The guy has 11 videos ranging 5 mins to 11 mins long. I can tell you that if it was a single 1 hour video I would not have watched it, but because he split the project into bite size videos it was much easier to watch (eg watch in the morning with breakfast before work).
Gh0st

#29 Post by Gh0st »

WelshShooter wrote:If you have a topic to discuss with lots of information, try breaking it down to 10 minute videos and release each video every week. It's much easier and palatable to watch videos this way.

There was a guy on YouTube from the US who was welding together a split belt fed 7.62x54mmR receiver and making it a legal semiautomatic. The guy has 11 videos ranging 5 mins to 11 mins long. I can tell you that if it was a single 1 hour video I would not have watched it, but because he split the project into bite size videos it was much easier to watch (eg watch in the morning with breakfast before work).
Sooooo what do you watch at work?

WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#30 Post by WelshShooter »

Nothing :) Because I'm a good little worker who always does his work... 8-) Perhaps the occasional video on surgical procedures or new machinery only because its related to my job.