So you think your free?

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
Chuck

Re: So you think your free?

#11 Post by Chuck »

This is true but I think the point of the film was to just point out how you are enslaved without you even knowing it until its pointed out. The way forward can only come from people working out how to be free for themselves.
:good: :good: :good:

Weer also seeing a hole generaton of fonetic spellurs & txt spk3rs now m8.

Gooder English teached everywhear!
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#12 Post by DaveB »

Chuck wrote:
OMG, you're one (well two actually) of those. The anti-vaccine, anti-Fluoride weirdo's. Here's some tinfoil - make yourself a hat. The black helicopters are coming for you both to take you to Area 51 where you will be incarcerated with the Roswell aliens.

And it isn't even April 1st. Give me a large personal break!
Hmm I see a part of the problem has surfaced... No reasoned counter argument, just silly name calling wallhead ...typical of that sort really. kukkuk kukkuk troutslapping

Next.
Sorry mate, as far as I am concerned the anti-fluoride, anti-vaccine crowd are just plain wrong, but trying to convince them of that is like trying to convert a fundamentalist of any religion to secular humanism. You could have the best argument in the world, and you'd still be wasting your time. I don't even bother anymore. Besides, I was trying to be a bit funny. Now you know why I am not a stand-up comic.
pnuk
Home club or Range: Bisley

#13 Post by pnuk »

I couldn't agree more. Anyone who thinks that vaccines are a bad thing, shouldn't apply to them or cause autism is simply incredibly badly informed or has missed the fact that we had pretty much managed to eradicate many of the key killers of humans (particularly children) by using them. The fact that some of these diseases are on the increase due to parents not getting their kids vaccinated is just shameful.

You can only see them as negative if you are so bound up with thinking that everything that comes from the state is somehow a conspiracy to limit your freedom that you cant see the quite clear facts. (Which is in this case that the only freedoms that vaccines are taking away from you is the freedom to die of measles/ be crippled by polio etc. etc.)
Gazza

#14 Post by Gazza »

Ah yes, fluoride. that old chestnut! :D
Fluoride, the active ingredient found in rat poison and slug pellets and also added to drinking water. A kill and cure in one! bargain, I'll have two please!!! :good:
Sodium fluoride added to water to keep concentration camp imates docile so a thousand can be managed by a handfull of guards, great stuff, Ill have some for the kids!!! Cant see why they would add it to municiple water supplies though 8-)

OK, nothing to worry you here, move along now :D :D :D
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#15 Post by DaveB »

"Sodium fluoride added to water to keep concentration camp imates docile so a thousand can be managed by a handfull of guards,..."

"We have done our level best to discourage opponents of fluoridation from using this emotive argument," said Paul Connett, a chemist who directs the anti-fluoridation group Fluoride Action Network and recently co-authored a book called The Case Against Fluoride. "The historical evidence for this assertion is extremely weak. It is sad that the U.S. media has done such a bad job of educating the public on this issue that it is so easy for crazy ideas to fill the vacuum."

" In 2009, two scientists published a book called The Fluoride Wars: How a Modest Public Health Measure Became America's Longest Running Political Melodrama.
The hydrologists dedicate more than 30 pages to conspiracy theories and their origins. We contacted one of them. "The World War II death camp statement is an absurd lie," said Jay Lehr, who has authored or co-authored more than 30 books, most of them self-described "boring science books for scientists.""

"Wikipedia, where we found mention of Nazis and fluoride — in an article listing conspiracy theories: Fluoridation is alternately part of a "Communist, Fascist or New World Order or Illuminati plot to take over the world." It was "pioneered by a German chemical company to make people submissive to those in power." It was "used in Russian prison camps and produces schizophrenia."

Our Holocaust historian knew of no such project. Two book authors who researched the topic, one a journalist, the other a hydrologist, found no credible evidence of such a connection. A leading anti-fluoridation activist repudiates the story. The most commonly cited Web source for the story was a 16-year-old extract in a fringe Australian publication. So we can confidently declare this claim Pants on Fire!"
Gazoo
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland

#16 Post by Gazoo »

The anti-vaccine movement is not a joke, these fools are dragging us back to the 18th century and while I don't give a crap what happens to their kids (although not their fault), I do give a crap that they expose us all to long forgotten diseases by reducing herd immunity which makes vaccines less effective.
I am sure Chuck has no use for fluoride with his NHS dentures by the bed every night !
Aliens I will allow.
Alea Jacta Est
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#17 Post by Pete »

Anti-vaccine movement? That's a pretty sweeping statement..............I thought the discussion was about the alleged link between measles and autism.
Surviving something like measles normally confers immunity from re-infection.
I can't see anyone (except some religious, and other nutters) objecting to polio or smallpox vaccination.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
pnuk
Home club or Range: Bisley

#18 Post by pnuk »

Pete wrote:Anti-vaccine movement? That's a pretty sweeping statement..............I thought the discussion was about the alleged link between measles and autism.
Surviving something like measles normally confers immunity from re-infection.
I can't see anyone (except some religious, and other nutters) objecting to polio or smallpox vaccination.

Pete
You're confused.
The alleged link was between the combined MMR vaccine and autism.
This was widely reported some years ago based on one mans (Andrew Wakefield) findings. Although it was swiftly found that these were based on no evidence whatsoever and Mr Wakefield was struck off, the damage was done. The media however, didn't really report the refutation so huge numbers of parents didn't get their kids vaccinated leading to outbreaks of measles.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... -concludes

Discussion here about how vaccine scares are different from country to country based usually on a few reporters reporting nonsense. http://www.badscience.net/2008/08/the-medias-mmr-hoax/

Talking of which the website linked to is Ben Goldacres (a science journalist) whose book Bad Science should probably be compulsory reading as it may reduce the number of people hoaxed into believing all this anti-vaccine BS
Gazoo
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland

#19 Post by Gazoo »

There is quite a movement, based as usual in the USA but it is still damaging to gullible people and the deranged who believe this stuff.
Alea Jacta Est