Chris Packham - Latest Dead Animal....

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Chris Packham - Latest Dead Animal....

#31 Post by Pete »

:good: Well said, Fred................from another septuagenerian.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
MistAgain

#32 Post by MistAgain »

In September 2009,CP said he would "eat the last panda" if doing so would retroactively redistribute the money spent on panda conservation.

How do you reach a compromise with a person like that ?
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#33 Post by Pete »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/ ... e-out.html

To give your comment a bit of context..............

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#34 Post by Lancs Lad »

christel wrote:SimG, you have a way with words lol
Isn't that the truth. Made me laugh though :D

:flag13: LL
Gazza

#35 Post by Gazza »

Sim G wrote:
So ultimately, until Packham is caught by the Papparazi with his cock in a hedgehog.....
To be honest if Packham can pull that off, without injury then fair play to him wtf lol
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#36 Post by Dark Skies »

Gazza wrote:
Sim G wrote:
So ultimately, until Packham is caught by the Papparazi with his cock in a hedgehog.....
To be honest if Packham can pull that off, without injury then fair play to him wtf lol
And now you've conjured up an image of him patiently waiting in a bush with dog food on the end of his todger and staying very, very, very still.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

#37 Post by Nelly2014 »

Ok. I stand corrected.
Just for clarity is that the royal 'We'?
Christel
Site Admin

#38 Post by Christel »

Nelly2014,

Royal we, if that is Harry and Meghan then we are in a world of s*** as they are the biggest snowflakes I have seen in a long time 8-)

Snowflake attitude, being a feminist and then throw entitlement in with the mix, recipe for disaster.

:p
Christel
Site Admin

#39 Post by Christel »

Dark Skies wrote:
Gazza wrote:
Sim G wrote:
And now you've conjured up an image of him patiently waiting in a bush with dog food on the end of his todger and staying very, very, very still.
Mind bleach please.
TRG-22
Home club or Range: Make me an offer.

#40 Post by TRG-22 »

Pippin89 wrote:I am sure you have all see this before, but I think it nicely sums up Packham's ability for well rounded, reasoned, fact based arguments....
I don't use Twitter - does anybody know how, or if, he responded to the point about the RSPB?

I assume that's the same RSPB that he is Vice President of, and which is currently involved in exterminating every stoat on Orkney because they are destructive pests?

But the way to respond to behaviour like that is not to repeat it, but to double down on doing the opposite, to relentlessly insist on looking dispassionately at the evidence, and to accept the evidence even when it doesn't support one's existing positions.

At the moment, taking this microcosm as an example, we have CP ranting and dismissing evidence, and his opponents ranting and insulting and swearing at him.

If the latter is stopped, and all that is left is CP, over and over again, ranting and dismissing evidence, and his opponents calmly, maturely, and civilly showing that he is wrong to do that, then that can do nothing but good. There will always be people who will support him for ideological reasons, just like there will always be those who vote for Boris Johnson, but it could do no harm for CP to be widely regarded as being as dishonest and untrustworthy as BJ, and for his opponents to be regarded as honest and trustworthy purveyors of evidence and truths.
Tory voters. Next election. Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.