Chris Packham - Latest Dead Animal....

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Chris Packham - Latest Dead Animal....

#1 Post by Pippin89 »

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-new ... est-update

It appears "someone" has strung a dead badger to Packham's gate.... There is some suggestion that it was Packham himself of course. Apparently he has CCTV so he should be able to prove his innocence on that one (or not as the case may be!)

But on the off chance it was someone in the shooting community, please understand how damaging this is to our cause! He is trying to prove that all shooters/hunters are mindless thugs and this kind of act only gives him more fuel for his fire.
Polchraine

Re: Chris Packham - Latest Dead Animal....

#2 Post by Polchraine »

I remember him having something similar done late last year - but there was "no video footage available" even though he has cameras monitoring the place.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Gazza

#3 Post by Gazza »

If packham is up to dubious tricks then he will slip up eventually and that will be the end of him.
Nutjob!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#4 Post by dromia »

These bloody anti Packham protestors are clueless.

Any sensible protestor would have nailed Packham to the front of meles meles sett.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
TRG-22
Home club or Range: Make me an offer.

#5 Post by TRG-22 »

Gazza wrote:Nutjob!
No, someone with a different view to you. I'm not here to argue for or against his position, or yours, but to try to get you to change the way you deal with that difference. CP might have some valid opinions. So might you. What both of you need to do is to consider facts, and employ evidence-based decision making. Where the evidence is unclear, or incomplete, there you have a space where you can discuss the differences between you, and, hopefully, lessen them , or make them less contentious. What neither of you may do is to ignore solid evidence just because it doesn't support your prejudices.

And nor should you say things like that about him. Whatever the gulf is between you, and no matter how unbridgeable it is, one thing I can say for certain, people standing at the edge of it shouting things like "nutjob", and "STFU" isn't going to narrow it one bit.
Tory voters. Next election. Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.
TRG-22

#6 Post by TRG-22 »

Pippin89 wrote:He is trying to prove that all shooters/hunters are mindless thugs and this kind of act only gives him more fuel for his fire.
dromia wrote:Any sensible protestor would have nailed Packham to the front of meles meles sett.
Christel
Site Admin

#7 Post by Christel »

Nutjob sums it up pretty good.
TRG-22

#8 Post by TRG-22 »

christel wrote:Nutjob sums it up pretty good.
Whatever the gulf is between you, and no matter how unbridgeable it is, one thing I can say for certain, people standing at the edge of it shouting things like "nutjob", and "STFU" isn't going to narrow it one bit.

Why do you want to exacerbate the conflict? Why do you want to make him even more opposed to the shooting community than he is now?
TRG-22

#9 Post by TRG-22 »

Pippin89 wrote:He is trying to prove that all shooters/hunters are mindless thugs
He seems to be getting some anti-self-interest help in proving that at least some of them are totally unwilling to engage in mindful and evidence-based decision making, or to display any inclination to behave respectfully and with reason.
Christel
Site Admin

#10 Post by Christel »

Hmmm....I am sure CP knows we think he is a nutjob however he does not care as long as he can make as much noise and disruption as possible.

Some people one can discuss with, some you can't.