Feral Hogs kill Texas woman

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
TRG-22
Home club or Range: Make me an offer.

Re: Feral Hogs kill Texas woman

#11 Post by TRG-22 »

I've eaten it, and yes. It's whether the young ones have any flavour that I was wondering. I'd never bother with suckling pig again, but as boar has more flavour...
Tory voters. Next election. Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#12 Post by Les »

TRG-22 wrote:Feral is not the same as wild.
It is when they've had long enough in the 'wild'.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#13 Post by GeeRam »

Sim G wrote:Wild boar is the only indigenous animal to feature in the Dangerous Wild Animal Act 1976. The estimate of 1000 in the wild is a somewhat conservative estimate from 2012. There's close to double that in the Forest of Dean alone! In Kent and East Sussex we probably have another 1000 to 1500.

I am conditioned for boar and I'm fortunate enough to have ancient woodland on two areas where I shoot. A little bit of coppicing has opened up some longer shots now as well! Myself and my shooting partner have utilised .45-70s for some time now, but I've just gone to .30-06. I had considered .375!

Going through very dense wood looking for one that you know took a solid hit, is one for the Adrenalin rush!
I remember a good mate telling me that they are real problem in Berlin of all places, where they have moved into urban areas for the rich pickings there, a more dangerous version of the urban fox.
He said they cull about 2000 of them in Berlin every year?
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#14 Post by snayperskaya »

GeeRam wrote:
Sim G wrote:Wild boar is the only indigenous animal to feature in the Dangerous Wild Animal Act 1976. The estimate of 1000 in the wild is a somewhat conservative estimate from 2012. There's close to double that in the Forest of Dean alone! In Kent and East Sussex we probably have another 1000 to 1500.

I am conditioned for boar and I'm fortunate enough to have ancient woodland on two areas where I shoot. A little bit of coppicing has opened up some longer shots now as well! Myself and my shooting partner have utilised .45-70s for some time now, but I've just gone to .30-06. I had considered .375!

Going through very dense wood looking for one that you know took a solid hit, is one for the Adrenalin rush!
I remember a good mate telling me that they are real problem in Berlin of all places, where they have moved into urban areas for the rich pickings there, a more dangerous version of the urban fox.
He said they cull about 2000 of them in Berlin every year?

Here you go........

https://www.thelocal.de/20171215/how-wi ... berlin/amp

They have also been seen in Moscow suburbs as well as in other Central and Eastern European cities.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!