Recommend me a Trailcam

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
daman
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

Recommend me a Trailcam

#1 Post by daman »

I've had a few nighttime 'visitors' on the property recently. Nothing stolen (nothing worth stealing, it could be said), but they've rummaged through open vehicles and sheds.

Looking for a trailcam(s) to capture their images if they return. Low to no light in most of the areas I'd want to monitor, and plenty of fences / trees / bushes where I could place cams.

What's inconspicuous, effective and won't break the bank?

(Mods please move if not the right section for this post)
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

Re: Recommend me a Trailcam

#2 Post by DaveB »

daman
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

#3 Post by daman »

Many thanks for the PMs!
Nrees21
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland

#4 Post by Nrees21 »

I bought a faulty bushnell from eBay and even though i bought second hand they replaced on warranty so safe to say i would highly recommend them