Winchester SX4 or Beretta A400 Lite 12g semi-auto

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Ballistix

Winchester SX4 or Beretta A400 Lite 12g semi-auto

#1 Post by Ballistix »

Hello folks,

Any first hand owning/shooting experience of either of these amongst the forum? I have a perfectly nice O/U 12G already using 7.5 28g White Golds but was looking for a non-awful low recoil semi-auto fun gun I can take to clays for friends/family/me too when I’m bored. I was looking at Benelli M2 but kind of got put off on inertia recoil being reported thumpier than gas and the ‘Benelli thumb’ thing with loading vs a Beretta A400.

I’m not asking for a comparison between the two just ownership/shooting feedback on either. Even stuff like ease of loading/unloading.

It’s hard shopping when you can’t try before you buy. Expensive way to learn!

Cheers all.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Winchester SX4 or Beretta A400 Lite 12g semi-auto

#2 Post by Sim G »

You're right, the Benelli is "thumpier".

The Beretta is the way forward. Resale is also much better if you don't like it. The SX4 is assembled in Portugal from Turkish parts, I believe. Not that that is necessarily bad, but...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
shoppe
Home club or Range: Any field

#3 Post by shoppe »

I have a Winchester sx3 flanigan. It is excellent l bought it many years ago and never had any problems. Some 24 grams loads it will not cycle. When I picked it up in the shop ,it just felt right,I had to have it!
Ballistix

#4 Post by Ballistix »

Thanks both.

The SX3 seems to have a better reputation than the SX4. The former being made in FN factory in Belgium vs the SX4 in Portugal as said. On paper I can’t figure out if the Beretta is £1000 better than the SX4 hence the hunger for real world experience. I think we know we’re I’ll end up - a bigger cabinet!
Ballistix

#5 Post by Ballistix »

Oops - My typing rate overtook by brain rate. The A400 lite isn’t £1000 more than the SX4 but the more desirable A400 is. Secondly ‘where’ should replace ‘we’re’. Terrible English 20 press-ups!