Quick question about length

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

TRG-22
Home club or Range: Make me an offer.

Re: Quick question about length

#11 Post by TRG-22 »

RDC wrote:It's a pump action so therefore must comply with 24/40 rule.
OK
Tory voters. Next election. Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#12 Post by Mattnall »

TRG-22 wrote: OK
Are you a member of a club?
It might be a good place to start learning about what is and isn't allowed whilst getting some practical trigger time.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
TRG-22

#13 Post by TRG-22 »

Mattnall wrote:Are you a member of a club?
https://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 84#p398206

It might be a good place to start learning about what is and isn't allowed whilst getting some practical trigger time.
Mostly my questions here have not been related to any practical concerns, I'm just curious, inquisitive, analytical.

e.g. here, I didn't ask about muzzle loaders because it matters to me, I was just curious. Even if that Mossberg were legal, I'd have no desire to get one.

Some questions aren't "important" enough IRL to start asking them F2F in real time, and some (eg the-subject-which-must-not-be-named) elicit a spread of opinions.

So I didn't see anything wrong with asking them here, as and when something prompts them, people are free to answer when, or if, they want. Apologies if I'm mistaken.... :oops:
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#14 Post by Dellboy »

So does an underlever Adler 110 have to be regarded as a pump ? i notice they can be bought with a 12 inch barrel
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

RDC

#15 Post by RDC »

Dellboy wrote:So does an underlever Adler 110 have to be regarded as a pump ? i notice they can be bought with a 12 inch barrel
No, it's a lever action.

All of this is defined in Home Office guidance. (2.8 and 2.9 of the 2016 document)
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#16 Post by Mattnall »

TRG-22 wrote:
Mattnall wrote:Are you a member of a club?
https://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 84#p398206

Mostly my questions here have not been related to any practical concerns, I'm just curious, inquisitive, analytical.

e.g. here, I didn't ask about muzzle loaders because it matters to me, I was just curious. Even if that Mossberg were legal, I'd have no desire to get one.

Some questions aren't "important" enough IRL to start asking them F2F in real time, and some (eg the-subject-which-must-not-be-named) elicit a spread of opinions.

So I didn't see anything wrong with asking them here, as and when something prompts them, people are free to answer when, or if, they want. Apologies if I'm mistaken.... :oops:
No problem, I thought you were looking at getting in to shooting and wondered if you'd made the leap to join a club.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
TRG-22

#17 Post by TRG-22 »

Ah, OK.

Not leapt yet, but I know where I will leap to when I do. Right now though I'm seriously occupied with getting an extension built on my house and doing executor stuff for my Mum's estate, and if I allow myself to get distracted too much then I'll find SWMBO taking me to the club, but to be positioned at the wrong end of the range...