Thoughts or help on a bottom feeder

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

38Super
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: FDPC

Re: Thoughts or help on a bottom feeder

#11 Post by 38Super »

Blackstuff wrote:You can get them in 24" barrelled versions but the 26" seems the most common, i'm pretty sure the one I used to have was. As for the stock/LoP i'm 5'9 and average build and had no issues with it, and I prefer a shorter LoP than most. I personally found the forend too chunky though
Are you talking about the SuperNova. AFAIK they don't do the SXP in a 24" barrel.
I'm 5'4" and definitely find standard length stocks difficult to hold properly. I'm less worried about a chunky forend than I am about being able to reach and operate it.
BamBam wrote:Stoeger P350, I've seen them go for less than 200 notes 2nd hand, has the same style lifter as most semi-auto shotgun.
I can't seem to find out much about the Stoeger 350 apart from they are a budget copy of the Benelli Nova and are likely to have similar length problems.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by Blackstuff »

From the sound of things I think you're fighting an uphill battle with a pump, a semi wouldn't present the reach problem and is one less thing for newbies to learn on a gun. Get one that accepts an AR style buffer tube and the LoP issue is solved too
DVC
38Super
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: FDPC

#13 Post by 38Super »

Blackstuff wrote:From the sound of things I think you're fighting an uphill battle with a pump, a semi wouldn't present the reach problem and is one less thing for newbies to learn on a gun. Get one that accepts an AR style buffer tube and the LoP issue is solved too
Yep, you're probably right. I just fancied something different to a semi. If it's too difficult I'll just give up on the idea.
The AR style stocks on shotguns are usually set to work with sights well above the bore line. I can't justify the extra expense either.
It was a nice idea.
BamBam

#14 Post by BamBam »

38Super wrote:
BamBam wrote:Stoeger P350, I've seen them go for less than 200 notes 2nd hand, has the same style lifter as most semi-auto shotgun.
I can't seem to find out much about the Stoeger 350 apart from they are a budget copy of the Benelli Nova and are likely to have similar length problems.
It's more like a pump action M3000, the stock of which can be removed and shortened. I shaved 3/4" off my old M3000 to get it to fit me better.