Laser gun fit

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Tickle

Laser gun fit

#1 Post by Tickle »

I am new to shotgun shooting and will hopefully have my SGC granted in the next few weeks.
I have done about a dozen sporting clay shooting sessions using borrowed guns.

Been thinking about going to a gunsmith that does laser gunfit with a dry fire target system to check gun mount as well. To then get the measurements I need of a gun so I know if it will fit or be near enough to not need a huge amount of adjustment.

Has anyone had any experience of this sort of system?

Sent from my SM-J330FN using "An application"
Tickle

Re: Laser gun fit

#2 Post by Tickle »

This is what I am thinking of trying

http://www.bkwebstergunsmith.com/laser- ... ystem.html

Tickle

#3 Post by Tickle »

Anyone????

Dorset_shooter
Past Supporter

#4 Post by Dorset_shooter »

Sorry, No experience of this. However I personally would be more inclined to spend the money on more lessons rather than over the top fitment.

Clearly fitment is important, but with good solid technique and an "off the shelf beretta" I manage just fine.
Tickle

#5 Post by Tickle »

Dorset_shooter wrote:Sorry, No experience of this. However I personally would be more inclined to spend the money on more lessons rather than over the top fitment.

Clearly fitment is important, but with good solid technique and an "off the shelf beretta" I manage just fine.
Thanks for the reply, a couple of gamekeepers I know, one that used to compete in clay shooting at a high level have both given me some tips/advice and coaching. The general consensus was I need a gun that fits me, I was a swimmer so I have broad shoulders and long arms so most off the shelf guns do not fit me.
I think I am doing more harm than good trying to adjust my technique/mount to bad fitting borrowed guns and I will be better off getting properly fitted and getting a gun adjusted to me, then practice, practice, practice.
Tickle

#6 Post by Tickle »

Hurray, the firearms officer is doing my home visit on Monday, so I should have my certificate granted very soon.
Still planning on doing the gunfit as they also check your mount, so that should set me up with a good platform to start from. A good mount and a gun that fits me, then lots of practice and lessons I guess.

42DAF

#7 Post by 42DAF »

Ok as a gun fitter I think it of very little use for a couple of reasons

1 Your gun mount won’t be consistent at this stage so a true gun fit can’t be achieved

2 the gun fitter need to see the effects of recoil a laser doesn’t offer this

3 shooting true dynamic targets is better than any laser pattern plate etc.

Spend the money on lessons with a good instructor (there are loads of below average ones)