HUGLU XR7

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

38Super
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: FDPC

Re: HUGLU XR7

#11 Post by 38Super »

I can understand tinkering with an old rifle in order to improve it but I can't get my head round why anyone would buy a modern firearm that needs a lot of work to get working as it is meant to out of the box!.[/quote]
There are a few reasons I can can think of:-
1) modern quality control and production methods means that many new things (some very expensive like cars) don't work as they should do off the production line. It isn't always design flaws, just duff components or rough finishes. Marlins are a case in point here where they started off great, went downhill and are apparently good again. Only some fairly extensive research will tell you which is the right one to get.
2) We demand more from the gun than it was designed for. Out of the box with the 5 round magazine the Bora ran perfectly but that wasn't good enough. We demanded bigger magazines and there the problems started. We want it to be lighter, to shoot faster, be more acurate........ Demands above and beyond original design spec.
3) Price. If I was a world class competitor starting out in PSG I should probably just invest in a Dissident KL12 and be done with it and let my other half wonder why her car is still falling apart. I can't afford to buy full custom build firearms which is probably the only way to get a perfect gun out of the box.
4) Specificaly shotguns. Building a firearm around completely unsuitable (and ridiculously variable) ammunition. Buy a pump or wait until someone develops the perfect box-fed (Typhoon F12?) or go with what there is and tinker. I went to a clay shoot with my Bora a few weeks ago and got a few comments. Not because it was box-fed but because it was a reliable semi-auto.

Mainly for me point 2 for every gun I've owned.

Apologies to the OP for hijacking his thread.
38Super
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: FDPC

#12 Post by 38Super »

And of course sometimes something is so pretty and feels so right that you want it anyway and how it works is not at the top of your list. O:-)
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#13 Post by Blackstuff »

If you think buying a KL12 will mean no tinkering you'd be wrong! Not that any of the owenrs will admit it, but i've witnessed firsthand just as many jams and failures as any other box mag gun. The problem is the ammo was simply never designed to be used in a box magazine, or any magazine really and aside from a couple of 'freak' attempts to design something more suitable like with a detaching rounded tip nothing has really been done to improve things.
DVC
Chuck

#14 Post by Chuck »

t's possibly in Huglu's favour that they also make ordinary shotguns and might have better quality control.
Huglu make for CZ.

The missus went to their factory years ago and got her shotgun hand made from scratch - they couldn't have been nicer and the gun was perfect. The stock was made from blank using Turkish (what else) Walnut A LOT of their work is by hand, even all that engraving.

Avoid novelty guns and new names, stick with the bigger names if you can e/g Sarsilmaz, Hatsan, Stoeger etc . Also make sure your RFD "distributor" is actually just that for any given make and that they WILL obtain spare parts for you - this is a common issue with some UK RFD'd's - Sole Importers!

They sell the gun but won't order spare parts!
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!