Looking for opinions on two Brownings.

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Chris Waring2

Looking for opinions on two Brownings.

#1 Post by Chris Waring2 »

Hi.

I am looking for opinions on the Browning B725 pro sport and the Browning 525 ultra XS Pro. I shoot sporting and skeet. I know best fit is king and I will try both. All comments welcome.

Note.

This question has been posted in other forums to get a wider audience.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Looking for opinions on two Brownings.

#2 Post by Sim G »

I found Browning just too big and unwieldy. Other guns are certainly more nimble, especially on skeet. I currently have three clay guns in my cabinet at the minute! A Remington 1187, a Blaser F3 and a Beretta 692. The Remington is definitely going, as will one of the O/Us. I fancy the Beretta will stay...

I know it's not what you asked, so I suppose really my opinion on any Browning is, any other for me...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

As pointed out, they are both hefty guns, however if I had to go for one it would be the B725.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#4 Post by GeeRam »

I've had a Browning B725 S3 Black Edition for two years for sporting clays, and love it.
Chris Waring2

#5 Post by Chris Waring2 »

I am also considering the Beretta 692 sport adjustable. Just incase I don't like the Brownings.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#6 Post by Sim G »

I have the 692 Black edition, 32" barrels and an adjustable comb. It's the gun that's staying in my cabinet.

I did have a Miroku years ago which allegedly are very much like a Browning.

Don't make the mistake I made. I bought my Blaser F3 because I'm a "gun guy" and as a "gun", it's outstanding! Fact is, I couldn't hit sh1t with it despite how bloody lovely it is. I shot personal bests the first time out with the 692. It just feels better despite "fit" so to speak...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
42DAF

#7 Post by 42DAF »

The 725 has a shallower action but still enough weight between the hands. I assume your shooting sporting and English skeet either will do well and last. My choice would be the 725 but to be brutally honest I’d not buy a Pro-Sport at all I dislike the barrel the Ultra is a proven design and I shot well with one for a time many still do some shoot outstandingly well with them.

My advice go to a ground where you can shoot both side by side on a decent round of sporting and possibly skeet only you will know which is best for you.